Quick show of hands. Do you Dual or Quad load during competitions.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
I started practising quads with my invictis dual 8 plates. But it feels like my shell latch is still to hard even though its bent in as far as poss. And still hold the shells back. I trimmed the mag spring to 10 inches past the end of the mag tube.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Clay Gross formerly 22+1 said:
I started practising quads with my invictis dual 8 plates. But it feels like my shell latch is still to hard even though its bent in as far as poss. And still hold the shells back. I trimmed the mag spring to 10 inches past the end of the mag tube.
Which gun r u running?

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
M2 with taran innovation lifter, I've routed out the loading port just enough to leave some of the shell brass exposed. Its almost like the shell latch spring is way strong.

jtischauser

Clay Gross formerly 22+1 said:
M2 with taran innovation lifter, I've routed out the loading port just enough to leave some of the shell brass exposed. Its almost like the shell latch spring is way strong.
Have you removed the shell catch and bent it by hand? It's an art to do it right. Match little goes a long way. You can also polish it up if Taran isn't already doing that.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
I've taken it out and bent it so many times I bought a new latch and started over. I've got it now where it catches slightly more than just the rim of the brass. It just seems like there's a lot of pressure to slide one past it. I haven't polished it though. I'll use some 800 grit sand paper on it next, or just practice a lot more. The new latch hasn't had many rounds through it yet.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been dual loading, but I'd like to try quads. I'm pretty well stuck with the crappy taccom setup I have until I can find a different setup elsewhere. When quad loading, is it imperative to shave the rear of the fore end and open the loading port? I know it speeds things up, but I am battling my accountant/boss/CFO/wife for every piece of equipment or mod I get, so if I am unable to whine enough to have it done, can I still use the quad load, or should I stick with duals?

jtischauser

What shotgun are you running? Opening the load port helps with any technique. The less you need to stick your thumb in the gun the better. That being said once your technique is solid you don't have to destroy your shotgun to get it quad load ready.

jtischauser

You gotta fix the handguard on the VM. It's terrible. Gotta chop it and blend it especially for quad loading.

Thats funny, My M2 and versamaxes both load great, and I just do the work myself, I dont send it out to anyone...

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Bob Sanders said:
I load 2, quads, and weak hand interchangeably in order to leave an ample trail of live rounds in case I get lost. Plus it seems to amuse the RO's.
I do have to say not much else gives me that moment of slight panic like thinking the rounds are going in the tube and then having a couple of 12 gauge rounds do a good impression of a Jack-in-the-box.

Latest posts