Prize Table Discussion

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
#poolpartyatMicahshouse
You all have fun. I'll be inside where it's warm.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
We're going to get up and going again tomorrow. Not that I need to give anyone excuses but I will anyways. I make ZERO dollars on this site - in fact it costs about $1200 a year to run - if you haven't noticed sponsors donate a ton of prizes - its hard to pay for hosting with some certificates to The Shooter Sources. That being said I do have a life - my fiance and I live an hour apart - the only time we see each other is on the weekends. So sorry guys - she takes much higher priority than y'all

Tomorrow I'll crank it up again and hopefully we can get this done this week!

Brandon

grayokc

Well-Known Fanatic
I would like to see next years drawing done differently in that the top ten percent get the top prizes because the top ten percent shoot 40, 50 and more matches all over the country wearing the boomer shooter jersey promoting our sponsors.

I think Fleche had it right when he wrote "To appease the top 10, you could still allow picks for them and the next 200+ people get tossed in the hopper. Boom, done in a day."

Or we could award the top then the top prizes based on how many matches they shot. Then throw the rest in the hopper and draw them all out.

I can't see how the way it's done now is fair to the guys who actually shoot a bunch of matches and end up getting squat.

RevoShooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Grey Lawson said:
I would like to see next years drawing done differently in that the top ten percent get the top prizes
So what would be the incentive to buy a jersey for the 90 percent of members who don't get to shoot more than a few entries worth of matches to buy a jersey? That's what's nice about it the way it is anyone has a shot at winning a gun or dillon, etc. To me, I'm buying the jersey to have a chance at those nice prizes, and then the fact that I could at least get my money's back plus some if I don't is a nice insurance policy. I think it's a splendid program for "regular joe."

grayokc

Well-Known Fanatic
RevoShooter said:
So what would be the incentive to buy a jersey for the 90 percent of members who don't get to shoot more than a few entries worth of matches to buy a jersey? That's what's nice about it the way it is anyone has a shot at winning a gun or dillon, etc. To me, I'm buying the jersey to have a chance at those nice prizes, and then the fact that I could at least get my money's back plus some if I don't is a nice insurance policy. I think it's a splendid program for "regular joe."
There would still be plenty of prizes for everyone else, hell, take the top prize and include it in the general drawing for the folks who aren't in the top ten and award the other top prizes to the top ten percent. Most of the prizes would still cover the costs for a jersey and then some.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Grey Lawson said:
I would like to see next years drawing done differently in that the top ten percent get the top prizes because the top ten percent shoot 40, 50 and more matches all over the country wearing the boomer shooter jersey promoting our sponsors.

I think Fleche had it right when he wrote "To appease the top 10, you could still allow picks for them and the next 200+ people get tossed in the hopper. Boom, done in a day."[/size]

Or we could award the top then the top prizes based on how many matches they shot. Then throw the rest in the hopper and draw them all out.[/size]

I can't see how the way it's done now is fair to the guys who actually shoot a bunch of matches and end up getting squat.[/size]
Agreed.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Grey Lawson said:
There would still be plenty of prizes for everyone else, hell, take the top prize and include it in the general drawing for the folks who aren't in the top ten and award the other top prizes to the top ten percent. Most of the prizes would still cover the costs for a jersey and then some.
Agreed.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
The guys with 50 matches last year had much higher odds of winning or getting close to winning and still picking a great prize. Changing the formula that has worked, I believe, will lead to fewer jerseys sold, or at least a drastic decline in the rate of growth the program has seen in the last couple of years.

Latest posts