Plum Crazy Lowers

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
I run across this Plum crazy complete lower and was curious if anyone had any experience with using one.

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=312&zenid=80j24firdppe5mp383f2dgfvo1

http://www.marksarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PCF

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just read a review on them in shotgun news and other than the name they sound like a decent bang for the buck.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
There were some issues with a few of them cracking, but other than that they seem to be gtg. They are plastic though, which makes me a little nervous.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
I read alot of reviews and have asked others, seems they work well and are real light. have heard that some crack, but have not heard that from anyone who actually has one. Bushmaster makes one similar and Glock seems to have good luck with their "plastic" so... Thanks for your replies. :)

Alphagunner

Well-Known Fanatic
I have around 300rds on one and it seems ok so far. The lower on ARFCOM that cracked was because of a gas key strike witch will crack any lower so that is a non issue for me. Plum Crazy replaced the cracked lower even though the wrong extension/buffer spring combo was used and caused the crack.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
Well if that is the only reason that it cracked, then I will be getting me one for my next build...

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen them completed for around $120, so it's a good deal. I too have read that they make great lowers for lightweight builds.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
yeah, if you buy 5 they are 120.00 here.

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=312&zenid=80j24firdppe5mp383f2dgfvo1

jtischauser

dont you have to do something special to clean out gas system if you convert to .22????

Not with a dedicated 22 Upper. I had a CMMG conversion and there was no cleaning if the gas system either. I'm not even sure how you could clean the gas system or tube without simply replacing the tube.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
Not with a dedicated 22 Upper. I had a CMMG conversion and there was no cleaning if the gas system either. I'm not even sure how you could clean the gas system or tube without simply replacing the tube.

I heard something about shooting 5.56/.223 rounds through it to keep it cycling...

jtischauser

You can get some leading in the comp A's I did badly with my conversion. I tried blasting a mag worth of .223 thru it following the 22 LR session but that just wasted .223. This was a big reason I bought the dedicated upper. The conversion was only half perfect.

Rolando

Active Fanatic
The guy who makes them is a plumber from Lake Havasu, Az,area. That's where the funny name comes from. My dad has one and it is kinda weird but works. I'd give'em a try.

Latest posts