Picking up hitchhikers (again)...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
My late Uncle was that kind of guy. Never met a stranger. You need a jump start... no problem. Need a beer in the bar..no problem. Need a ride, help with a flat ...no problem.

We found his body in the Ocala National Forrest about a month after his truck and reciept bag was recovered. The actual place were he was shot (execution style) was several miles from were his body was found. The 22 long rifle empties were not to far from where witnesses placed the killers "broke down" car. The body was dumped in the woods... the truck was found out of gas several miles from that spot (it had a dual tank- tank 2 was full). Troy had a bag of cash, checks and invoices (route sales) paper was found at all locations... the bag was found absent of cash with the truck.

"WE" is actually a bad word...we looked for a solid 3 weeks. A couple intending to picnic at a road side table actually found a severly decomposed body on a little after lunch stroll.

We had a closed casket funeral... Troy's face and body had be destroyed by insects and small animals by the time he was recovered.

Of course..the hitchiker was Ms. Waurnous. Troy stopped to help a couple of women at the road side with the hood up. Troy was one of the later victims... but by that time she was killing for the hell of it...no "rape" involved here.

Leroy Shaumburger in Lake Worth was a fine man. Lived alone, school custodian and Missionary. Leroy would feed or help anybody. One night about 25 years ago Leroy opened his front door... and died on his porch from multiple stab wounds. This homicide is stll a cold case... and we will probably never know who the killer was. We have assumed it was someone Leroy met in a street ministry... there were several persons of interest, but no suspects identified.

Do as you will. That "one news story" is the news story... and it will alter the lifes of a lot of folks with its unintended consequenses.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamine. stop being so selfish. you seem like a nice and level headed guy. while taking care of our fellow man is wonderful and i truly understand your desire to help others in need you have you need to consider one thing first. you promised in yoir wedding vows to take care of you wife. if on the off chance something did happen you wont be able to fulfill
your promise to her.

you want to be a good man? take care of your self. then help strangers in other ways. if you want to help hitchhikers why not just start carrying a case of water in the passenger seat. ou can pull over set a couple bottles on the ground and drive off. your kama jug will be full and your wife will get to live her life with you worry free.

just remember this isnt about you. this is an example of making a sacrafice for the people you love.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Ben's wife again here...So, I just wanted to apologize for jacking Ben's account. I guess my emotions just go the best of me (don't tell Ben). What can I say...I just love my man!! Thanks for all who commented. You all seem like a great group of people. As for now, I promised Ben there would be no more posts on his account. I wish you all well-maybe I will see you at a future match. Have a Boomer Shooter day!

Swavy00

Well-Known Fanatic
I was giving you a hard time when I first posted, just stirring the pot and for that I apologize. I should have stayed out of it.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
benjamin, look at it this way your wife is worried enough to ask for help so it bothers her that you pick up folks hitch hiking! she cares enough to ask some total strangers to try and talk some sense into you, dude she must really love the hell out of ya to go to this measure so consider yourself lucky! do you have any idea what I would give for that? if she cares that much I'd damn sure not be picking up hitch hikers! I know you want to help people but just step back and look at what you have, look at your world, now look at it without you in it, believe it or not people depend on you for something.

I feel most everyone in the world are good people but dude there are the ones that are just flat worthless! I don't do a bunch of the stuff I used to because I have ran into a few of them in my life and truth I'd rather not have to shoot anyone. There are good people still and I help how I can I just do it differently these days. Don't be mad at your girl be damn proud she loves ya enough to care. Later,

Kirk

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
OK, i will make one final post and hopefully we can let this thread die (since it never should have existed), let me get a couple of things straight
1. i am not mad at my wife (i was irritated), but we got it worked out (basically i am going to pick them up) it is way too long to explain here, but it looks like we are going to make it to year number 9 :) she understands that the very qualities that make her love me, Can be the same ones that make her worried
2. What i am about to post is the standards i hold for myself, i am in no way implying that others need to have the same standard i hold, these thoughts are mine and mine alone
3. I take providing for my wife very seriously and do not come to decisions lightly, but i am not an emotional person also and dealing with REALITY (not media portrayal of the world) picking up hitchhikers is one of the safest activities i engage in. With that being said i know there is a chance something happens and i address that below

I have been reading alot of Martin Luther King (and other books), but he talks about the story of the good samartian and he describes how the road where the guy was hurt at in the parable was one of the most dangerous parts to be in and the good samartian was taking a risk by helping him. Now yes i understand the guy was dying and that was a lot more serious, but the same concept applies to me personally. I understand the risks i take, i am not an ignorant oblivious individual, but i refuse to live my life in fear. If i die helping others that is a far greater death (IMO) than dying old in a hospital. As someone who preaches i cannot call my church family to do the things i ask them to do and live by a lesser standard. I cannot stand hypocrites and have no intention of being one. I know that i will be judged more strictly (james 3:1) and i take that very seriously, so i try to do more than i ask my church family to do. I ask them to start being more authentic and confess their sins to one another privately, i talk about my sins publicly while preaching, if i ask them to help others and have compassion on people they know in their personal life, then i will have compassion on people that i come across outside of my personal life (i.e. hitchhikers, etc.). With so much hypocrisy in Christianity and so much talk without action, so many preachers burdening their flock with loads they won't bear themselves, i cannot (and will not) be the same. I don't expect my church family or anyone else to take the risks i do, but God has taken care of me more than i could imagine, so no need for me to start worrying now.

Latest posts