Parts Cleaning

TroyF

TheBearcat
You guys havent seen unsafe chemical handling until youve worked 50+ meth labs.........

(cough)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm addicted to my sonic cleaner! I especially love the Nickel Boron coated LOKI bolt after it comes out of the sonic cleaner. I just look at the carbon buildup and it flakes off. I need a bigger sonic cleaner and more LOKI parts.

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
Many of those sonic cleaners heat up the liquid being used in the tank,a typical flash on mineral spirits is 110f. If you are heating MS in your cleaner be aware of nearby ignition sources so you dont end up with a fire. There is high flash solvent that mitigates that problem, but it does not clean as well or as quickly. Many industrial concerns are using water and degreasers (soap) to minimize fire and health issues with solvents.

dennishoddy

Tenxer said:
Many of those sonic cleaners heat up the liquid being used in the tank,a typical flash on mineral spirits is 110f. If you are heating MS in your cleaner be aware of nearby ignition sources so you dont end up with a fire. There is high flash solvent that mitigates that problem, but it does not clean as well or as quickly. Many industrial concerns are using water and degreasers (soap) to minimize fire and health issues with solvents.

We used a concentration of simple green cleaner, mixed 4-1, in an industrial ultrasonic cleaner that was heated like you describe.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Where can you buy Simple Green? I'm thinking of maybe getting a sonic cleaner for my guns and parts.

Wolf44

Fanatic
I think Sams has the jumbo sized Simple Green jugs - at least they did... Beyond that Non Chlorinated Brake cleaner and/or BoreTech Eliminator.........used to use Butches, but find BT to work well on parts/barrels etc.

Latest posts