Our place on this Russia vs Ukraine thing.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Didn't we end up buying Alaska from Russia as a result of the Crimean war?

I will start a bowl of microwave pop corn.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
It's also interesting to me how little is being broadcasted about all of this, maybe I'm just missing it all but I feel like this would be posted in everyones face from every angle.

dennishoddy

Didn't we end up buying Alaska from Russia as a result of the Crimean war?

I will start a bowl of microwave pop corn.

Yep, for 7 million dollars....cash.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
mtnman1 said:
It's also interesting to me how little is being broadcasted about all of this, maybe I'm just missing it all but I feel like this would be posted in everyones face from every angle.
Nothing major is really happening. People are blabbering about possibilities is all. You should try BBC news. They actually pay reporters to find things out, in an activity called "journalism".

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
Nothing major is really happening. People are blabbering about possibilities is all. You should try BBC news. They actually pay reporters to find things out, in an activity called "journalism".
I'll definitely look into BBC, I've been looking for other resources outside of Fox and CNN. I don't know who to believe anymore, everything is so skewed these days.... For the record, I've never supported CNN, I just try to get both sides of a story to come to my own conclusions.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
slemmo said:
Fox News is not bad, it's one of my favorite american news channels, almost as good as The Onion :D
I actually had someone quote me info off The Onion as a legitimate source during a lively little discussion one time. I swear my brain actually turned off for half a second to keep me from slapping the **** out of them. That, or it was a mini stroke from the overwhelming amount of dumbass I had just heard.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Putin sinks boat to block traffic into the area
US puts fighters in Poland for "training"

Hillary provokes the situation calling/comparing Putin to Hitler.

I am not a peace nik ... but this is not the time or place to escalate over something that really is not our business. Russia is not Kosavo ( and we did not need to nose around there either)

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Truthfully, considering that the Russian Black Sea Fleet is headquartered in Sevastopol the Russians are doing no different than we would do if Germany or Bahrain destabilized like Ukraine has.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Neither Obama or Putin wants to risk a full scale war over a piece ground whos inhabitants consider themselves more Russian than Ukrainian.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Putin will come out smelling like a rose, I just hope it doesn't give him a bigger head. Obama basically lost when he got elected to a kinda real job.

Latest posts