Our place on this Russia vs Ukraine thing.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know if I should put on my tin foil hat or not but this kinda makes me nervous. I don't understand a lot of it and the history on the situation that has gotten all of us to this point but I don't feel like we should be involved at all... Yip, I just went there.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Russia could invade Alaska and our political leadership would crap their pants and apologize for cheating them out of it. That being said, we have no interest strategically or politically in Ukraine or Crimea. But John Kerry is gonna set them on the path to righteousness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it isn't as easy as that. We signed an agreement with Ukraine (along with the UK) stating that if they gave up their nukes we would protect them should they ever need it. That was 10 or so years ago....soooooo we kinda owe them. Just nobody knew that it would be Russia that invaded them, except for Sarah Palin who called it in 2008.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it isn't as easy as that. We signed an agreement with Ukraine (along with the UK) stating that if they gave up their nukes we would protect them should they ever need it. That was 10 or so years ago....soooooo we kinda owe them. Just nobody knew that it would be Russia that invaded them, except for Sarah Palin who called it in 2008.

Russia signed the agreement as well. Don't know how it will shake out, but I'll bet Russia annexes Crimea. And maybe parts of Ukraine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Lets see....all season deep water port. Most of the " native" oil and gas in Europe is sourced from the region.....Putin just wants the old satellites back.

This region has been the tinderbox for every European war fought in the last 175 years....whats new?

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jason said:
That I didn't know about...... well....... I guess we got into something we shouldn't of had done...... They're only in Crimea right now though, but I bet as soon as Poopin, I mean Putin, can, he'll invade the rest of Ukraine and other NATO countries.

White Kid

The American Reaper
In a way I do think we ought to do something about it and then not, I just got dome talking about this on another forum and everyone seems hyped up about it.
From what I can gather and understand, the reason why Russia did that was to stop being, or becoming just like the U.S.
Putin is going through Crimea since it's more of a "pro Russian" region, then he'll more than likely go through the rest of Europe once he's able to.
He's a smart man no doubt since he was head of the KGB for a LONG time, so he knows what he's doing and what to look out for.
Ukraine was gonna have similar laws and things like us like having their own 2nd Amendment, of course Russia doesn't like that, they're power hungry.
The reason why I don't want our nation to be involved in this is because 1) It would be Hell on Earth, 2) I don't feel like fighting them crazy fools since I'll be joining the Army in 2 years, 3) Look at the Cold War, the worst thing was the wall coming down, all sorts of BS happened once it fell. When the wall was up, it was just the U.S. and Russia, no one else to bother with. Now we have to worry about North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, and all these other stupid foreign countries! Now this comes along and it's like "great, might get into another war and we're almost out of the war in Afghanistan".
So the best thing our country can do is just sit back and wait (Although if I was president I would've put troops in Ukraine or some surrounding countries), but Obooboo is a no sack, brainless, retard and won't do a darn thing!
As far as us as the people go, we just gotta sit back and watch.

dennishoddy

Jason said:
Yeah, she is the one with way more government experience than POTUS that got elected into the highest office in the planet, and doesn't have a clue how the world works. Our country suffers under his administration.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
O/P don't worry, Russian tactical nukes aren't going to be raining down on us. I could write a novel on this but suffice it to say that Putin doesn't want a military confrontation with us. He knows that he won't get one from us and that's why he's doing what he's doing. He desperately needs Ukraine for economic reasons and he has a fairly large amount of support from within Ukraine. He's been doing little things for the last several years and watching. He's portrayed as just a thug, which is partly true, but he's also a deep thinker. Someone said that he's playing chess while Obama is playing marbles. That's pretty damned accurate but it also applies to other world leaders, not JUST Obama. He's also not an attention whore like most world leaders, he just plays the game because it's required. His military is waayyy over rated, about the only thing he does have going to really fear are those tactical nukes. He's not an idiot or insane like Kim Jong Un and the Iranians. The Russians are an educated, modern, technologically advanced society with a long cultural history. He's no choir boy and will do want he needs to do, but just know it is calculated and money is is the driver. He's playing "big boy politics" and he's the only one with the balls to play at the moment.

White Kid

The American Reaper
I'm hearing that Poland is sending tanks to the border of Ukraine......, everyone and their brother is getting way to into this.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
This is another oil and natural resources war in my opinion. Like I said previously I'm not going to pretend I know about what is going on over there, it just scares me that he is seriously "testing the waters" to see how the world will respond in the event that he were to invade. I think he's (Putin) trying to see who is really willing to step up to him. Putin is doing a damn good job of making Obama look like Barney and we're all guilty by association.

Poland won't mess around, I'm not sure what their stance is on the situation but they won't bluff...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
mtnman1 said:
This is another oil and natural resources war in my opinion. Like I said previously I'm not going to pretend I know about what is going on over there, it just scares me that he is seriously "testing the waters" to see how the world will respond in the event that he were to invade. I think he's (Putin) trying to see who is really willing to step up to him. Putin is doing a damn good job of making Obama look like Barney and we're all guilty by association.

Poland won't mess around, I'm not sure what their stance is on the situation but they won't bluff...
Barney looked like a genius compared to the current occupant at 1600 Penn Ave Washington DC. Last week "they" came up with a grand idea to reduce the Navy to pre WWI numbers and the standing land forces to less than pre WWII numbers. We still have a lot of assets tied up watching North Korea and a lot of kids still in the Mid East. Then some "other" nitwit wants to mothball the A-10 aircraft... that was intended to be a "tank buster" in case we ever needed to squash a 'bliztkreig" armor based war in Europe ever again. We found out the A10 is ideal for just about every ground attack mission we could find for it over the years.

Putin still has close to 1,000,000 troops under arms....

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Jason said:
Palin...I just remember her red high heels

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Russia have a large naval base there, if there was instability in the country that was hosting my naval base I'd do the same thing myself.

And btw, Russia is hosting the IPSC rifle world shoot in 2016, so if WWIII is about to happen I guess that's off.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff said:
Barney looked like a genius compared to the current occupant at 1600 Penn Ave Washington DC. Last week "they" came up with a grand idea to reduce the Navy to pre WWI numbers and the standing land forces to less than pre WWII numbers. We still have a lot of assets tied up watching North Korea and a lot of kids still in the Mid East. Then some "other" nitwit wants to mothball the A-10 aircraft... that was intended to be a "tank buster" in case we ever needed to squash a 'bliztkreig" armor based war in Europe ever again. We found out the A10 is ideal for just about every ground attack mission we could find for it over the years.

Putin still has close to 1,000,000 troops under arms....
That million strong is just their Army I believe. Only China has a larger military and N. Korea has a massive military as well, this **** sends chills down my spine. All three of the largest military's on the planet are our largest opposition... I will never be able to understand what Obama's agenda is with us, I swear he really is anti-America.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
mtnman1 said:
That million strong is just their Army I believe. Only China has a larger military and N. Korea has a massive military as well, this **** sends chills down my spine. All three of the largest military's on the planet are our largest opposition... I will never be able to understand what Obama's agenda is with us, I swear he really is anti-America.
We are speaking of Fife, Barney Fife, not the purple dinosaur?

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff said:
We are speaking of Fife, Barney Fife, not the purple dinosaur?
6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
They're about the same in this discussion.
Both playing marbles on a chessboard.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
As always, 4chan is here to help us understand the complex geopolitical forces at work here:

smJnMoT.jpg

Latest posts