Ordered a new carry gun, Sig P938

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out but I ordered a Sig P938 Sports 13 for concealed carry. I know it's not a 1911, but has similar styling.
IMG_1236-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
With women & guns, it's all in the approach: "Honey, look at this cute little pistol I bought you!"

For added effect (only if needed.... however, it's kinda like talking to the cops = keep silent if she's already smiling):

1). "I want YOU to be safe!" If still no smile, try:

2). "Here... see, it's easy to shoot" (& then let her rack it). Sense of accomplishment should bring a smile to her face.

[make sure no ammo in the area and she doesn't have to know, small guns are more difficult to shoot well]

Last edited:

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
All so true guys! I think this one is going to be the old "spin it around" - wait until she notices, then say "honey, I've had this for quite a while! Don't you remember me showing you? Ugh... I knew you weren't paying attention to me again..."

LPRoad

Active Fanatic
My wife doesn't mind me buying new guns, but she also notices them. I had a 938, was my pocket gun until the above mentioned wife decided it was hers.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
SWMBO is not the gun whore I am. She does however like a well crafted good looking piece. Therefore, she got the 'blacked out' version of the Kimber K-6. I even got to pay for it. Lucky me. Funds came out of MY gun fund. How lucky could I get?

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
That seems to be how things work, plenty of double standards haha

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Well, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out but I ordered a Sig P938 Sports 13" for concealed carry.

I have heard of a long slide, but a 938 in 13"! :D That is going to need a custom holster...

I know it is the Sport 13, just messing with you. I love those guns. I plan on getting one in the near future, great carry gun, and surprisingly accurate for the size of the gun.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
nice piece .especially for pocket carry.
watch out though. do not let the thumb safety move too far up or down..especially when cleaning it...or the retention set up--gets lost.ask me how I know. my only gripe with sig on this gun. poor retention set up for the thumb safety imho
congrats and enjoy the ride

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
All so true guys! I think this one is going to be the old "spin it around" - wait until she notices, then say "honey, I've had this for quite a while! Don't you remember me showing you? Ugh... I knew you weren't paying attention to me again..."

always keep the safe closed when your MRS is around...ask me how I know ;)

LPRoad

Active Fanatic
watch out though. do not let the thumb safety move too far up or down..especially when cleaning it...or the retention set up--gets lost.ask me how I know. my only gripe with sig on this gun. poor retention set up for the thumb safety imho

Haha, yeah, you are not alone. I had to order a new detent and spring after I found that out the hard way. Shot the thing way off the porch into the weeds and that was that.

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
I have heard of a long slide, but a 938 in 13"! :D That is going to need a custom holster...

I know it is the Sport 13, just messing with you. I love those guns. I plan on getting one in the near future, great carry gun, and surprisingly accurate for the size of the gun.
Hahaha I don't know where the " came from, I guess I fat fingered it!

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
That's good to know, thanks!

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Haha, yeah, you are not alone. I had to order a new detent and spring after I found that out the hard way. Shot the thing way off the porch into the weeds and that was that.

we need a thread for that--or a whole forum :)

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
When my wife sees a gun she thinks is new, I always say I bought it for her.
She says thanks and I put it in my Safe!:cool:

Congrats
They are nice shooting little guns!

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
When my wife sees a gun she thinks is new, I always say I bought it for her.
She says thanks and I put it in my Safe!:cool:

Congrats
They are nice shooting little guns!
I picked it up yesterday afternoon but I haven't had a chance to clean it up yet. My son is getting married tomorrow, so I just got home from the rehearsal dinner festivities. After picking it up I had the delima - son's wedding or range? Hmmm...... Lmao, kidding but I will be there as soon as I can!