Ordered a new carry gun, Sig P938

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
For the rare occasions that I can't carry a 1911, I carry a P238 but have been thinking about switching to the 938. I'll be interested in what you think, when you get it to the range.

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
For the rare occasions that I can't carry a 1911, I carry a P238 but have been thinking about switching to the 938. I'll be interested in what you think, when you get it to the range.
I'll post up my results and thoughts as soon as I can get there [emoji106]
I'm anxious to shoot it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm kinda like apipeguy. For the last five or six years of my working career, I was very limited in what I could carry due to the nature of the job, dress code, etc. Monday thru Friday, I carried a P238 which I had complete confidence in. On the weekends, on my time, I carried a PX4 Storm.

Due to the continuing mixed results from comments I kept reading, I was hesitant to buy a P938 until Sig could get the problems ironed out. And there were problems or Sig wouldn't have made the various changes they've made to that model. As I mentioned, the negative comments seem to have subsided so now I'm also considering the purchase of a 938. I, likewise, will be interested to read your take on the thing.

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
I wasn't able to get to the ra ge today, so it will be Tuesday...

LPRoad

Active Fanatic
Well I can share my experience. Softer shooting than a similar sized 380 or 9x18 blowback pistol. Quite accurate for a pocket gun. Trigger on the heavy side, although there are fixes (I did not find it prohibitively heavy, got used to it pretty quickly). I have had zero malfunctions, approx 300 rounds of ball and 50 or 60 rounds of defense ammo, both 115gr and 124gr.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Good to hear. My daughter has the Kimber version of it but I'm partial to Sigs great sights on their small guns.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I have both the 238 (.380) and the 938 (9MM). My wife wanted to start shooting the .380. I let her carry and practice with iot but I missed having the choice depending on the time of year and whatg I was wearing. We happened to be at the gun shop one Saturday and the guy behind the counter was joking around with her and said hey did you see this Kimber .380 it's like the Sig but it comes in red like your hair. THAT DID it guess who had to tap into his gun fund to buy her the Kimber ? At least I got my .380 back. BTW the 938 has eaten everything I have fed it Ball hollow points +p's it shoot6s like a full size. Yeah watch the retention spring... ENJOY

Gunny

Fanatic
Well, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out but I ordered a Sig P938 Sports 13" for concealed carry. I know it's not a 1911, but has similar styling.
View attachment 1445

You'll figure out a way to make it seem good.

As far as not Govt. Model, you're right. It's only happened recently that a few are coming out with all of the same styling. I've been considering looking into them but haven't gotten there yet.

I've got a P238, same gun but .380 A.C.P. I love it! These type are my handgun of choice and, though slightly different, all of the controls operate the same. Little guy just offers me more options for E.D.C.

Addicted2Gunz

Well-Known Fanatic
RANGE REPORT

OK, so I finally got to stop at the range on my way home!

7 yards
My 1st shot hit at the top right edge of the "x" and I though SWEET! 2nd shot hit above the "9" - what the hell... lol

I tried to dial it in, but was all over the place. I was actually disappointed since I was only at 7 yards, but I suppose I'm probably being too picky. I had to remind myself that I need to get a few hundred rounds through it to let things settle in.

It cycled flawlessly, no complaints there!

As for "soft shooting" - I shot my Glock 43 back to back with the 938 at the end of my range visit and find the 938 to be virtually identical, definitely didn't feel any softer to me. MUCH softer than my LCP II tho!!

Final thoughts - overall I'm happy with it after 160 rounds through it tonight. So far I'm not as accurate as my G43 but I'll give it some time [emoji106]20181009_163232-1512x2016.jpeg

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have both the 238 (.380) and the 938 (9MM). My wife wanted to start shooting the .380. I let her carry and practice with iot but I missed having the choice depending on the time of year and whatg I was wearing. We happened to be at the gun shop one Saturday and the guy behind the counter was joking around with her and said hey did you see this Kimber .380 it's like the Sig but it comes in red like your hair. THAT DID it guess who had to tap into his gun fund to buy her the Kimber ? At least I got my .380 back. BTW the 938 has eaten everything I have fed it Ball hollow points +p's it shoot6s like a full size. Yeah watch the retention spring... ENJOY
Funny how our gun funds are used by SWMBO's, yet they have no difficulty telling us that is our problem to deal with. I could have a V-Bob now, if it weren't for HER Kimber K-6.

quantico

Active Fanatic
if i would have known the 938 was coming before i bought my 238... but i got my 238 running and all the super sharp parts cleaned up, and magazines replaced , and recoil spring replaced with one that actually closes the slide...

the 938 looks like a great choice. i just have enough for my needs. otherwise i would have one coming