Oklahoma Section coordinator history

I was just thinking to myself how awesome Mike Pinto would be for a section coordinator, and then I recalled how Jesse Was going to run (or maybe he did) for SC and was going to run against Robert Carlisle. I think Robert won, or maybe Jesse withdrew?? Flash forward a couple years (?) later, and Rob Elston is the section coordinator. He's done a fine job currently, no complaints here, but who did he run against to get the position? I must have been deep in three gun world or something, because I don't remember.

How long are the terms for our state SC?

Are the bylaws (or whatever they're called) online anywhere?

I know someone will probably think Im trying to start some ****, but Im really not. I think that the more the section and process gets publicized, the more participation and loyalty we will have to the OK section, its shooters, and foster participation and camaraderie. ( I cant believe I spelled that perfectly without getting it underlined in red)

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
If i remember correctly Robert made Rob his deputy and then resigned making Rob the coordinator. No one ran against Rob. The bylaws use to be posted on the okcgc site at this address http://okcgunclub.org/oksection/ but it appears they have been taken down.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I was about to make a big run for SC way back before I was coocoo for coco puffs over 3-gun. Then Robert started his range and decided to make a push for the position. We spoke over the phone and came to the conclusion that there was no reason to waste our time and resources running against each other for a job that nobody usually wants. He had more reason then I did for running with his new range an USPSA club. So I stepped to the side and endorsed his campaign.

Where else do you think you would find anything about competive shooting in Oklahoma? BoomerShooter of course!

By-laws bitches!

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php/topic/677-oklahoma-section-bylaws/#entry5011

jtischauser

We really owe it to ourselves to make the OK Section Badass. We have a pretty big action shooting community here in a relatively small population size in Oklahoma.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
All it takes is volunteers... The gator and the Mississippi classic are testaments to hard work and dedication, both of which I attend. If my opinion is wanted I'm willing to give it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

mikey80

Negative Approach
More shooters SHOULD get involved. Nice topic to post, Mike. At Old Fort's match this month they announced a new section coordinator, TWO deputy coordinators and a secretary-treasurer.

Something to think about.

Wasn't Kelly Raglin the OK SC a time or two?

mikey80

Negative Approach
ChrisC said:
All it takes is volunteers... The gator and the Mississippi classic are testaments to hard work and dedication, both of which I attend. If my opinion is wanted I'm willing to give it.
Sent from my Nexus 6
Chris, spill your guts. You shoot USPSA all over the country. You have Cyrwus' attention...

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
Micah_Rowe said:
More shooters SHOULD get involved. Nice topic to post, Mike. At Old Fort's match this month they announced a new section coordinator, TWO deputy coordinators and a secretary-treasurer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEbNOcWDO8g

mikey80

Negative Approach
No one gives a flying hunk of **** about this thread, lol.

This reminds me of trying to get volunteers to run squads, keep score, and run the timer at matches.

Case closed!

Too bad, I really thought we could get some good history, ideas, etc. out of sharing information on this topic.

Props, Mike!! You tried!!

P.S. Next time put "FREE ****" or "3 Gun Match Every Weekend" in the subject title!!

Airic

I shoot.
Micah_Rowe said:
No one gives a flying hunk of **** about this thread, lol.

This reminds me of trying to get volunteers to run squads, keep score, and run the timer at matches.

Case closed!

Too bad, I really thought we could get some good history, ideas, etc. out of sharing information on this topic.

Props, Mike!! You tried!!

P.S. Next time put "FREE ****" or "3 Gun Match Every Weekend" in the subject title!!
Just give me a little time. Seth's dad Glenn Martin was the SC for a good while and I'm sure he knows some history. I'll talk to him next time I see him.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm always down to help but I'm lost when it comes to history or ideas.

Call me when it is volunteer time........

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I have no idea of the history, I haven't been shooting competitively long enough.

Ideas:
Show up early to help setup.
Help paste/reset targets.
Volunteer to keep score.
Stay after the match to help clean up.
Go to the RO class and get certified, then help RO at your local matches.
Good Job Bob Sanders! It will give you a new appreciation of the sport and a better perspective when you get DQed.
Get involved, Helping set up for the Oklahoma Sectional at OKCGC last year was a fun day, I learned a lot about stage design and how to shoot different pieces of stages.

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
This is a good idea for a thread but all of the usual shenanigans is why I think most people don't want to get involved in a thread like this. If it gets taken seriously, I think more people would post opinions.

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff T said:
I have no idea of the history, I haven't been shooting competitively long enough.

Ideas:
Show up early to help setup. Early morning set-up stinks and is harder than it needs to be. Setting up the day before is best because there will always be an issue that occurs that you would not have time to fix in the early morning set-up time.

Help paste/reset targets. Usually everyone helps or gets reminded to help throughout the day by other shooters.

Volunteer to keep score. Usually everyone helps or gets reminded to help throughout the day by other shooters.

Stay after the match to help clean up. This is a great idea!!! I'm the USPSA match director at USSA, and people will complain about helping tear down. They assume since they paid their entry fee into the match that they don't need to or want to help tear down and think that they should get a discount on their match fee if they do help tear down. Which is their right not to assist if they choose not to because we usually have a great bunch of shooters that will assist in tear down and bring stuff to the front of the bays with no questions asked. I APPRECIATE THAT!!!!!!! Every club match that I have attended in okc, old fort etc...you have to do the same and a majority will.

Go to the RO class and get certified, then help RO at your local matches. I need to take a class but as far as I know there aren't any in this area anytime soon.

Good Job Bob Sanders! It will give you a new appreciation of the sport and a better perspective when you get DQed.

Get involved, Helping set up for the Oklahoma Sectional at OKCGC last year was a fun day, I learned a lot about stage design and how to shoot different pieces of stages. When you take on that kind of role it makes you be a little more appreciative of how things are done and the work involved in running a match, local or a major!

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Micah_Rowe said:

We talked about this after Old Fort. It's pretty obvious that the Arkansas section has more people willing to help out. One thing I noticed is that they had far more retired guys at the match. I'm being totally serious: Old Retired Shooters are the backbone of every gun club and shooting organization I've been a part of.

02Fatboy

Well-Known Fanatic
Prov1x said:

Ideas:
Show up early to help setup. Early morning set-up stinks and is harder than it needs to be. Setting up the day before is best because there will always be an issue that occurs that you would not have time to fix in the early morning set-up time.

Help paste/reset targets. Usually everyone helps or gets reminded to help throughout the day by other shooters. But you shouldn't have to remind them to help paste and reset the stage. And just because you have finished shooting for the day don't load up and go home stay and help paste and reset for all the shooters on your squad.

Volunteer to keep score. Usually everyone helps or gets reminded to help throughout the day by other shooters.

Stay after the match to help clean up. This is a great idea!!! I'm the USPSA match director at USSA, and people will complain about helping tear down. They assume since they paid their entry fee into the match that they don't need to or want to help tear down and think that they should get a discount on their match fee if they do help tear down. Which is their right not to assist if they choose not to because we usually have a great bunch of shooters that will assist in tear down and bring stuff to the front of the bays with no questions asked. I APPRECIATE THAT!!!!!!! Every club match that I have attended in okc, old fort etc...you have to do the same and a majority will.

Go to the RO class and get certified, then help RO at your local matches. I need to take a class but as far as I know there aren't any in this area anytime soon.

Get involved, Helping set up for the Oklahoma Sectional at OKCGC last year was a fun day, I learned a lot about stage design and how to shoot different pieces of stages. When you take on that kind of role it makes you be a little more appreciative of how things are done and the work involved in running a match, local or a major!

jtischauser

dr poopgiggle said:
We talked about this after Old Fort. It's pretty obvious that the Arkansas section has more people willing to help out. One thing I noticed is that they had far more retired guys at the match. I'm being totally serious: Old Retired Shooters are the backbone of every gun club and shooting organization I've been a part of.
I heard Dennis Hoddy retired this year. I'll nominate him for something.

+1 on the old retired shooter thing. All you okcgc shooters; you owe a huge thanks to John Bent and Matt, and greg each and every time you see them. They are the lifeblood for that match.

daylight savings time destroys the potential of setting up the match in the non saving months.

We have a lot of selfish shooters. I dont mean that in a bad way either. Selfish shooters are usually really just shooters that are focused on shooting and getting better.
I think Im still more selfish than not

Latest posts