OKCGC 3-gun Saturday 8/24/13

boomer mooner

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been out of town all week and have to take care of other obligations in the morning. I'll probably come out in the afternoon just to watch you guys finish up.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Stinking family situation for tomorrow. Can't make it. Nothing bad. No one is sick or dying. Just some stuff I HAVE to help with. Enjoy guys.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Anybody have a shotgun I can borrow? Mine is dirty. It's FTE every 50 rounds or so after 2000 rounds without cleaning.

ok, scores done.

A couple things: First, thanks for coming out, the club appreciates it! We hope you had fun!

thanks for helping with tear down.

Some Kudos:

Three Shooters shot the match penatly free:
Joseph B.
John Hensy
Shane Pennington

Way to Go! Im impressed!

Two Had only one penalty:
Lonnie Daugherty -1FTN
Jesse Tischauser -1NS

Three shooters only had 2 penalties:
Phillip Brandt 1unhit, 1 NS (in a walking boot, no less! -oh yeah, he re-sized his trigger finger to .40sw too!)
Tony Wall 1FTE, 1FTN
Corey Couch 1FTE, 1unhit (although he was using Jesse's rifle)

These stages were a wicked combination of speed and locating the targets before you lose sight of them, and shooting steel and tight shots without getting penalties. So again, well done!

New shooters: I'm jealous of you; your learning and performance curve will go up like a skyrocket, so hang in there and see your match performances get better every match, every stage! now you know what you need to practice, and what gear you need, and dont!

thank you, long distance drivers, and shooters from Kansas, in particular! Hope you were able to get Jesse to sign your extension tube or something....

Cough! make ready pro shop!

Cough! Joe Bob's Outfitters!

dennishoddy

Jesse Tischauser said:
Anybody have a shotgun I can borrow? Mine is dirty. It's FTE every 50 rounds or so after 2000 rounds without cleaning.
I would have sure loaned you my Akdal 1919 had I been there.

Gave you an opportunity to shoot a real shotgun.....

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Mike for putting the match together and those who helped with setup, if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have got the chance to totally crap out on stage four. :)

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony, thanks again for letting me shoot your AR. The lock nut on my Timney trigger, trigger adjustment came loose. Reset, tightened with lock tight, gaged, and ready for another 3 gun match. My tool list seams to be growing. Reminds me of when I was younger and drove older cars. Always had a tool box with me.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow good times and well worth the drive, thanks to all that put this on!

I've spent more money and learned alot less, next time trust the first shot on the slugs and don't waste the time going back for a follow-up, if a guy wearing a kilt drops something pick it up before he does and make damn sure to follow Tony's directions to Twin Peaks and not Joebob's!!!

Hope I can make it next month!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Bentsight said:
if a guy wearing a kilt drops something pick it up before he does
I think this is probably the most valuable takeaway you'll ever get.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
Bentsight said:
Wow good times and well worth the drive, thanks to all that put this on!

I've spent more money and learned alot less, next time trust the first shot on the slugs and don't waste the time going back for a follow-up, if a guy wearing a kilt drops something pick it up before he does and make damn sure to follow Tony's directions to Twin Peaks and not Joebob's!!!

Hope I can make it next month!
For the record, JoeBob didn't know where he was going. Unfortunately our GPS didn't either. I'm not far from tossing that Garmin unit which is less than a year old. I'm not sure how maps can be that far off. We were several miles off from Twin Peaks.

Thanks for the dollar! You beat me by 3 points overall though. If I had less "Cup & Saucer" on the pistol shots I think i could have had you.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mike, I would like to thank you for an excellent match Saturday. The stages were some of the coolest (and challenging) we have seen at this match. I hope we got everything broken down for you before we all bailed to find some A/C and water.

I know most of the time this is a thankless job (and no pay), but know that we all appreciate your work

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice pistol shooting on stage 4! I think I may have needed a mag change to get the little plates knocked off.

What was that area to the left of the rifle dump barrel? (The 2 T posts and the wooden fence on the ground)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
JoeBobOutfitters.com said:
Nice pistol shooting on stage 4! I think I may have needed a mag change to get the little plates knocked off.
What was that area to the left of the rifle dump barrel? (The 2 T posts and the wooden fence on the ground)

God only knows who set that trash up there and why.

Latest posts