Obamacare's affect on our healthcare

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
Well we just got to see what our premiums will be for 2013. Now remember how the Prezident stated that Obamacare would or has reduced healthcare costs by what, $2500 a year for families and he stated that Romney was wrong when he stated that it actually INCREASED the cost by about $2500?

Well guess what! Yes sir boys and girls, our cost for our same health insurance as last year is UP 36%! :evil:

Can't wait to see what other unknown surprises are in this Bill that will come to light next year, oh surprise, surprise. I am so comforted in knowing that our government is watching over me and has my best interest in mind............................NOT!

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately, like the gas prices, even if OC is repealed your insurance company will doubtfully reduce your premiums to their original levels.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
havent you seen the $2.99/gal gas?

of course it was $.29/gal when i started driving.
That's because the election is closing in on us. Where was it the past four years up until a couple of weeks ago?

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
Just did my yearly enrolment. Dropped my flex spending card (50$/ pay) and applied my "health wellness credit" (30$/pay) from my companies "voluntary" fitness program (participate and get a wellness credit, don't participate and your rates go up. That?s your voluntary participation options). As a result of my 80$/ pay savings (and my companies contribution increase of 104$/pay) my rates only went up 20$ this year. Wait, what? Where are my 2500$ in guaranteed savings?

mcdaniel

Well-Known Fanatic
We supply healthcare for our employees, not because we had too but as a tax deferred benefit so we could get good talent. Our premiums went up 35% last year and 30% this year.

Here's the kicker, we don't have 50 employees so we could just stop covering employees ( and their families) if we wanted to, but we try to do the right thing. So this helps small business how?

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
mcdaniel said:
We supply healthcare for our employees, not because we had too but as a tax deferred benefit so we could get good talent. Our premiums went up 35% last year and 30% this year.

Here's the kicker, we don't have 50 employees so we could just stop covering employees ( and their families) if we wanted to, but we try to do the right thing. So this helps small business how?

You are in the same boat as the owner of my company... This sucks for all of us who are not standing in the wal mart line with 5 young children paying for 2 shopping carts full of things with food stamps........ That crap pisses me off to no end if you can't afford to live quit havin kids and having tax payers pay for it...... This country if filling up with useless eaters. they want to talk about someone paying their fair share well I I think in needs to start with them.... aaarrrrggghhh!!!! :evil:

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
There's apparently more of them than there are of you so YOU LOSE! The only hope for the future is for YOU to have ten kids.

BTW, what's this got to do with shooting? I come to the forum for an escape, not to get depressed. :)

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
The first part I agree with because if you stand in a wal mart line that's how it seems.

And the second part I guess just look at your signature : I didn't know ignorance wasn't a excuse. Ignorance is not a excuse and the main reason for this thread is to help inform some who may not already know. Because if nothing else the election showed us we have a lot of misinformed people.

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
One of the companies that I sell for has 85 employee's. They were just notified that their health care bill is going up $14,000 per month!! That's $164/month/person.

or About $2,000/year/person.

Welcome to the suck.

Latest posts