NRA Recruitment Thread

1911 Teacher

Fanatic
They spent more on mail and postage harping for donations than my dues were to me finally after several calls got it stopped, sure were nice homes they had and clothes worn when I asked what % of my membership was actually used for salaries they could not answer me.
I feel the same way. I continue to send in my annual membership to support a group that pisses away a lot of money on salaries and postage.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
Life Member - Also GOA, VCDL, TRA,
America, Texas and NRA PROUD!
The gun community/Second Amendment community needs to stick together. Moreover, we need our voices to be heard. Do not be silent. Contact your states and local representatives and let them know how they should support our Constitution in it's entirety. Be PROACTIVE.

Lifetime member of the NRA and lifetime member of the GOA and a member of the firearm policy Coalition and a member of the Second Amendment Foundation and they all required donations and they all send paperwork in the mail..... it comes with the territory. And it's none of my business what they do with the money, nor is it my business how much do they make, just as much as it's none of their business how much I make. It's all voluntary, if is much people made the same amount of noise about taxes an insurance payments, maybe we can make America great?

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Thanks all, I makes me fell good to know we have such good 2nd supporters(with there $$$). But I know were I work there are many freeloaders that are to cheap to join any of the originations. But the cheap bastards will fork out for there favorite NFL of MLB jersey. Pisses me off big time. And just who doe's the NFL,MLB,NBA & all the rest support? Think about it.

Last edited:

Tommy Two Guns

Fanatic
Life Endowment member. Still give to the core, but more of my money goes to their Political Victory Fund & the Institute for Legislative Action. Figure those guys are more involved in the lobbying/political side...not just the figurehead the NRA is anymore. Also GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, Guns Save Life. Live in Illinois but joined the VCDL. Illinois State Rifle Assoc. has been holding webinars on getting more active politically & legislatively. I plan on being more active in 2021.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys... I know what you are talking (i.e. Wayne and his B.S. and leftwing politicians and stuff...) But, honestly, seriously, and straight from the heart -- I know people, okay? I mean, yeah, I'm a Freemason and a Shriner.... Let's just say there are some powerful people within the fraternal organizations. No, I'm not naming names -- I can't.

But all the B.S. with Wayne Lapierre and his fancy suits, constantly dipping his hands into the cookie jar, etc.... (you know all the rumors...) Well, I am truly sorry to say. I mean, I swear on my momma's grave... IT'S TRUE. :oops:o_O

Oldfart

Fanatic
Com'on fellas. Post here if you're a member of the NRA. If you're not, let us talk you into it. All of the other 2nd Amendment groups need to be supported too. But, you have to admit that none have the political clout of the NRA. I would love to see the membership double quickly. That would send a loud and clear message to the commies.
Became life member at 18, currently a Patron member.

JDB

New Fanatic
Member for many years and donated many times a year. Will always be a member but no more money will go to them as long as Wayne LaPierre is a part if the NRA.
I belong to 5 other groups that are doing better work with less money.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
NRA Lifetime member, SAF, GOA and in Michigan, MCRGO and Michigan Open Carry...not really a fan of open carry, for tactical reasons, but they fight for all gun rights in the state.
I'm looking for other suggestions, as to which other National groups, to join.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
NRA Lifetime member, SAF, GOA and in Michigan, MCRGO and Michigan Open Carry...not really a fan of open carry, for tactical reasons, but they fight for all gun rights in the state.
I'm looking for other suggestions, as to which other National groups, to join.
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms(CCRKBA), & The 2nd Amendment Foundation. But you already have you bases covered well.

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I care less about which 2nd amendment org one belongs to, as long as one belongs and supports some 2nd org.

I have issues with folks that freeload and don't support some org. Now is not the time to pretend gun control agenda doesn't exist. Demonrats have said "we are coming for your guns" Don't know how much clearer that could be. For the cost of a pre-pandemic box of range ammo, even if some is wasted, please join in the fight. After the 2nd falls, the rest will tumble like dominoes. It's the 2nd amendment for a reason, out FF knew it was necessary to insure protection of the other rights

Latest posts