Not allowed to build

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
You all know that we are opening our new store next month, well we cannot find an insurance carrier that will underwrite us if I build silencers.
Well actually I did find one but the price of the insurance was so high that I would have to sell 2 every 3 days in order to pay for it.
so I will be able to buy and sell class III items but not build silencers.

Another big set back is that I am scheduled for surgery on Sept 2, so our opening will have to be set back to the middle or towards the end of September.

On a happier note I will be carrying Bear Safes in our store, We will be the only distributer for Bear Safes other than the manufacturers store there in OKC.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats on the store and the Bear safes. It sucks to hear about the silencers. Insurance sucks period. When we had our BBQ joint, I had to carry $4 million just to cater on oil field locations.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with on supressors. That really sucks, insurance is a *****.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
Did you check with the NRA? They offer all kinds of insurance.

My insurance is through NRA but they want thousands for covering liability if I build silencers.
And since both licenses are in my name I cannot get through a loophole like building them and selling them to the store.
I will just buy from the big guys like everyone else.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
I should clarify that, NRA insurance said "build silencers and we cannot get you underwritten" It was the other companies that specialize in Manufacturers insurance that want the mega bucks.

Things are moving along quickly, License has been transfered, I can take credit cards now, Bear safes are a Go, Have security gate still need iron bars for windows, and I am working on getting some inventory.
I am wanting to be a stocking dealer for Glock and F&N maybe some others.

Reloading supplies and equipment will have to wait till end of year due to running out of working capitol.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
New store location will be

6813 E. 15th
Tulsa, OK 74112

We start moving in next weekend.

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
Sucks to hear man. I was anxious to see what you came up. Best of luck with the new store. I look forward to seeing how my 74 turns out.

Latest posts