No end in sight?

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, yes I do, and who was his cohort? You got it, bj, or rather jb. Maybe byden was an acolyte of sal but barry was.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
you know, I wonder if any of the major ammo companies would be willing to disclose to the public precisely where all of their production is going. No? Me neither. All of the bigwigs keep telling whoever comes there to dispel the myths and rumors that they're running 3 shifts and putting out products like never before and they they're filling major orders, major orders for/to who?

sorry, something just isnt right here. A half truth is the worst kind of lie.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
$32 / 100 rounds of 9 ain't hardly normalish for me . Before the plandemic, normalish 9mm was $18/100 on Target Sports. $31 would be about right for 9mm defensive ammo Or 230gr 45.

I think the crap has been going on so long , we might be forgetting what normal pricing was!
when Obozo pulled his BS rounds of 9mm were 30 cents. With Trump in charge they were 17-18 cents.

I would consider 35 cents a round decent these days. They are now 45 cents a round finally

rumors have been around that some companies are not loading powder to past standards and that the powders are dirty.. not sur eif this is true as I am reloading my ammo these days not buying new ammo

of course I would prefer 5 cent primers

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I see inventories getting better , but I don't see prices ever going back to Trump years , if nothing else due to the rapid inflation we're seeing and the fuel costs going up . Shipping is overhead that's passed on to consumers . Manufacturers are for profit corporations and thanks to price gougers and panic buying they've seen what we'll pay . It's going to take supply exceeding demand to lower prices .

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
when Obozo pulled his BS rounds of 9mm were 30 cents. With Trump in charge they were 17-18 cents.

I would consider 35 cents a round decent these days. They are now 45 cents a round finally

rumors have been around that some companies are not loading powder to past standards and that the powders are dirty.. not sur eif this is true as I am reloading my ammo these days not buying new ammo

of course I would prefer 5 cent primers
Primers are the tell, or the lack of primers are. This small but most important part of a cartridge, the spark plug to set the propellant off.
We can not make our own yet, but this one part is the cheapest easy to make component is missing from the offering today>

Remember the farce Klinton tried when he ordered primers to have a sell by date & after that they went inert.
It could be done however the LE & military said hell no! it has been tried & does not work right. End of story right?

Hell no, the Commies plant to disarm us, :eek: & primers are one of the best ways to do that over time.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, me personally am not talking about the high prices, I have come to expect that when they manufacture these little shows, I'm talking about the lack of product, no matter what the CEOs are telling the colin noir's and other youtube talking heads. I think they're full of $#!+, I think they're straight out lying. Why? Well I have my philosophy and right or wrong it IS what I think and given these peoples history and their records I bet I'm right.

Does anyone here believe they wont do ANYTHING in their power to hurt and ultimately destroy us? Really? That right there is what my opinion is based in.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
ALL cooperate heads lie big time and act like it's the truth. That's what they get paid for.
That has been my experience as well .

One other thing you'll notice is they all have corporate values . My experience was that everything listed in the "values statement " described the opposite of executive behavior .

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
It makes me wonder how President Trump turned around a severe Ammo shortage in the US Military.
Simple when we have .Gov contracts, Ammo company's can build bigger & hire more workers yet
for us we get, no way. We don't want to expand & hire more workers now because. Because of What???

I would like to know if the US ammo makers are filling their Export ammo quotas to other countries.
Since when do we not expand & hire more workers when we have more DEMAND! Something stinks &
the American Consumer is being blamed for this mind set about expanding your ammo production. All at
a time when we can not get ammo & if we can buy it, the cost is sky high. DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND
& yet where is the SUPPLY?

You do not believe the Mfr's are just letting the ammo supply remain low to increase prices, Do You? :eek:

I made my mind up however the way ahead is clear so. NO AMMO SALES FOREVER BY ME!

View attachment 7904
Agreed.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I picked up a few boxes of Aguila 9mm today for $13/50 cheapest I've seen in quite some time. Also had 357mag and 380acp sitting on the shelves along with 7.62 and 5.56 nato ammo and also for reasonable prices. I don't care what year $21/50 for 357 magnum isn't too terrible.

Unfortunately there's still a box limit at most places but it's on the shelves in my area and prices are coming down. The daily limits are doubling which is good also, the local shops I buy from really are trying to get ammo to all that want and need it.

They also have primers sitting on the shelves but they are now behind the counter because of people "pocketing" the 100 round packs.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The case is New York v. The National Rifle Association of America Inc et al.

Why is Wayne still in control? No help on ammo shortage by the NRA it seems.
That's a good question. He's alienated a lot of would be members. Meanwhile, other 2nd Amendment organizations like GOA seem to be in the fight while the NRA fights to survive.

KenL

Fanatic
All you have to do is look at the NICS background check numbers. For 2020 they skyrocketed over Obama's by a factor of 2 and 3. In 2020, the FBI conducted 39.7 million checks vs. 27,5 million in 2016, 19.6 million in 2012, and 12.7 million in 2008. Looks like Biden has replaced Obama as the gun salesman's best friend! If only a couple boxes of ammo were bought for each weapon, the increased demand is staggering.

Latest posts