Night Sights

not2old2shoot

Active Fanatic
I have a G27 that came with night sights (Tru Glo). They are 15 yrs old and not much left in them. Any suggestions on brand and difficulty replacing them. I am more concerned about the front sight than the rear.

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
Trijicon HD sights.

They are fairly new. I had the opportunity to test them out and they work well. During the day, the front sight is bright and easy to pick up. It's a little larger then normal, but I can still hit an IDPA steel target out to 125yards very consistently. At night they look like any other night sight on the market. A tad pricey, but IMO, worth the price, especially for people who have bad eyes, or have a hard time picking up that front sight.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Whatever brand, I suggest a different color front/rear. This will make sure in low light that you have them lined up correctly & not crossed (RFR vs R R F).

not2old2shoot

Active Fanatic
Great info. You must know me and my bad eyes. I had a total retina detachment in my left eye last year and was blind in it. The surgereon was able to reattach but it the sight is not as good as before. But I am thankful to have the sight back. Take care of your eyes.

Any thoughts on how the front sight is attached?

not2old2shoot

Active Fanatic
Thanks. The rear drifted I think I can handle, but are there special tools for the front. What do you recommend as replacements?

CATM

Active Fanatic
I bought a sight pusher for Glocks to make the rear sight easier. There is an all-in one-tool (maybe $20) the screw that came with the night sights I got fit right into it. If you were in the area I'd say meet up and we could get it set up pretty quick, but I'm sure Tulsa isn't that close. I think sights are personal preference, I went with some tru dots but had looked at a few others. The price was just right.

honeybee

Well-Known Fanatic
I am starting to see more of the Truglo bright sights. they combine the tritium lamp with fiber optics.
Everyone who has them loves them but not sure they are available for glock yet.