New to this ... 9mm box ammo

twofifty

Well-Known Fanatic
Which will have the least recoil? Or is best for comps?

G17

Any brands you recommend for lighter loads based on experience?

Reloading will be in my very near future but need some advice until I get to that point.

Thanks in advance.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike is highly respected by those that know him as well as I on this forum. I have to disagree,with him on this. As a case in point a few years ago one of the shooters at my club was always bragging about his hot 115s. We chronyed our loads from his pistol over his chrony and they made the same PF and of course mine were much softer. I will always be the hvy bullet w/ fast powder for the least felt recoil. Now that doesn't mean that is the best bullet for you, or yor setup. I actually switched from hot 124s to lame 147s and even after years of shooting 147s can still shoot a hot 124s just as fast and in some cases maybe faster. What "I" get out of the 147s is a better site picture because I have not had a practice routine in a very long time..

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
What used to be cheap WW 147 defense loads like 12-14 a box are fairly soft. Now last time I saw them they are 20+ at local Wally.

Thing to do with factory ammo is buy the cheapest stuff you can. Collect your brass and then worry about soft. Or spend the extra money and I would suggest the WW 147JHP personal protection load.

Action pistol for the most part is about the gun running and it is not normally requiring percision shots.

Thanks Matt I just keyed in on the reloading aspect and the ww pp are pretty soft. as well.

Mike., well I have egg my face I guess.

Latest posts