New to concealed carry

LarryHill

Fanatic
Congrats on the CCW... I must say, It is very liberating to carry concealed, and it makes me feel good knowing i can protect my family or a loved one if i ever needed too. I tried to carry my Springfield XD9 SC IWB and couldnt ever get comfortable.. So for now i carry my LCP in my front pocket using the De Santis Nemisis.. Its almost too comfortable, i sometimes forget i have it in there. Anyways, good luck and thanks for the update on the holster!!

As a SDA instructor I receive many questions about "printing" and my response is always the same. A permit holder has an obligation under the law to ensure the firearm is concealed. Yea, I know easier said than done and in truth I find that most permit holders have several different holsters or different ways to carry their personal choice of firearms. For my Glock 27 I have 9 different ways to carry it depending on my choice of clothing. But I also tell my students that whatever and however you carry ensure that it is EASILY accessable.

Your exercised your right to carry because you decided that when seconds count and the police are only minutes away that you or your family will not to be the lead story on the evening news as victims.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry my g-17 gangsta style no holster I just can't get used to them . No issues and easy access. I know, I know stupid right?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I could never get it to sit right or be comfortable with it. after lots of adjusting i kinda set it aside and carry my little Sig 238 now in my front pocket. once it starts getting cooler and i start wearing jackets again i will probably go back and try to get it adjusted right and start wearing it. sure do love the lightweight Sig 238 though.....

I carry my g-17 gangsta style no holster I just can't get used to them . No issues and easy access. I know, I know stupid right?

Some people can't get used to those crossbreeds and some people love them.

Maybe you both should look at a thin kydex holster. They are barely thicker than the gun itself.

David Elderton (KyTac) makes one that is very nice and I have carried it for a long time. Here is my review of it. It is called the Braveheart

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I wish I could get a couple different ones and try them out before I buy them.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Eellis, Raven Concealment (can't provide a link as Sonic Wall dislikes "weapons") makes a trigger guard holster for $19.95. Waaaaay better than nothing. That carry method has actually got me thinking. If I can go appendix with a very thin kydex hoster without a huge gain in bulk that's probably what I will do. Otherwise, the trigger guard "holster" really has me thinking....

Young Guns

FNH Please
thanks for the link and info Burk. that looks like something that would probably work for me. might have to fore-go the sling i want for my FS2K and get one of these for Christmas instead.....

Congratulations! Concealed carry is not only a huge responsibility but a life style as well. Form the clothes you wear, to where you go to, where you carry on your person and the mindset (most important). Sometimes being too cognizant about printing can end up looking suspicious (constantly adjusting your rig). I gun belt is a must because they are thicker and help prevent the gun from rolling away from the body. I have switched from leather to running Jones Tactical belts. A high quality holster is a must but I will not get into that due to forum ethics.

Another thing you might think of with the SA XD is going to a gunsmith or I am sure someone in this forum can do it as well for a grip reduction and stippling job. You can run the Subcompact mag in the gun (concealing better) then have a mag carrier with your extended mag.

Find a good certified instructor there are several on here and take some classes! TRAIN, TRAIN and TRAIN some more!