New to concealed carry

Young Guns

FNH Please
I finally got my permit to carry last week. I can tell you, it is such a relief to carry. It's very liberating. Anyone else feel this way when they are finally ALLOWED to exercise their RIGHT?

DutchWrangler

Well-Known Fanatic
I finally got my permit to carry last week. I can tell you, it is such a relief to carry. It's very liberating. Anyone else feel this way when they are finally ALLOWED to exercise their RIGHT?

Sad that a natural right requires permission from .gov...

ExSniper

Well-Known Fanatic
"agreed. i always felt i should have been born 150 years ago..."

. . . so, 1861, Civil War, probably would have been able to carry a lot more weapon than you would like. Actually most cities had pretty restrictive carry laws back then too.

DutchWrangler

Well-Known Fanatic
agreed. i always felt i should have been born 150 years ago...

Had you been born in 1861 you would've witnessed the beginning of the final nail in the coffin of individual freedom under the current Constitution which was designed to be a check on the power of the sovereign states and individual freedom won in the Revolution and codified in the Articles of Confederation. Land of the free?... not so much.

Enjoy your .gov permission to carry a firearm. Just remember... they know who you are and where you live.

Young Guns

FNH Please
If you haven't already, get yourself a good quality belt and holster.

belt is on order from crossbreed. i ordered a crossbreed knock-off from this guy (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122&highlight=kwart)and got it in the mail yesterday. it's gonna take some getting used to...

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
Next step is to choose a training provider and get more training. My recommendation would be the Advanced Concealed Carry at TDSA, or something very similar. Welcome to the ranks.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Which one did you get. Pictures!

belt is on order from crossbreed. i ordered a crossbreed knock-off from this guy (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194122&highlight=kwart)and got it in the mail yesterday. it's gonna take some getting used to...

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Here is a good thread about IWB carry

boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/997-some-thoughts-on-iwb-carry/page__pid__14755#entry14755

Young Guns

FNH Please
i got the brown leather, combat cut...

IMG_20110313_163612.jpg

IMG_20110313_163626.jpg

thanks for the links....

Young Guns

FNH Please
yeah, i'm still working on it. i need it to cant because it feels most comfortable around the 3:30-4:00 position but if i don't cant it then the grip prints really bad. still experimenting though... :rolleyes:

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
Even with a Crossbreed I need to cant mine or the grip prints. But I have gotten over the printing issue. I still make sure it is concealed and prints as little as possible. But I wear mine around almost everywhere I go and never had any ask what the bump was.

If they ask I will just say it is my insulin pump and if they ask to see it I will say no.

Oldtimer

Well-Known Fanatic
feels good doesn't it. Did it take you very long to get everything back? Took my wife 4 months due to finger printing problems with the local Sheriff's office. Had to finally go to another county with a digital one.

EagleScout

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to over worry about printing.

Make sure it is concealed, make sure when you bend over, bend down, get on your knees, any movement you might do where your carrying, that the gun itself will not be exposed and will not fall out of your holster.

Do your best to reduce the printing then just stop worring about it.

With a supertuck, you can actually wear a dark colored tee shirt, tuck in around it and wear another open shirt over it. Acutally I have found that tucked in can print less for me. Just have to make sure the shirt is long enough and a patterned shirt helps break up the printing.

If anyone would ever ask me i would tell them it is my insulin pump and if they ask to see it I would say no.

Young Guns

FNH Please
Cameron, What is the report on this holster now that you have had 2-3 months to carry it?

just saw this, sorry for taking so long.

i could never get it to sit right or be comfortable with it. after lots of adjusting i kinda set it aside and carry my little Sig 238 now in my front pocket. once it starts getting cooler and i start wearing jackets again i will probably go back and try to get it adjusted right and start wearing it. sure do love the lightweight Sig 238 though.....