New girl

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Hi Hun!

She has been out to the matches with me before, and says she wants to try it, but doesn't want to be the only girl, lol. I figured getting her on the site would be a step closer.

My wife has the same excuse, no matter how many times I tell her how helpful everyone is with newcomers.
Welcome to the site Tiffany. Join in on some fun at the matches.

Tiff S.

Fanatic
Don't have the license yet, just going to get it next month or so. Trying to decide on what gun to get too, I really like the baby Glocks. Kevin used to have one, but I think a skinnier gun might be better. We went Saturday and looked at the Kel Tec slim 9mms and some others. Any suggestions? I also liked the little revolvers but not sure how easy to carry they would be.

dennishoddy

I know I'm probably going to be alone on this subject, but when a guy on this forum brought his GF to my house to shoot a couple of suggested CCW's, she chose the Keltec P3AT, over the Kahr CW-40.
Not going to be judgmental on this issue, but take up every offer you get to try a new firearm and shoot it. Everybody has a preference, and you need to determine yours. The people on the forum will share. Guns can be rented at Heartland, H&H, and other indoor ranges.
Heck, if you were in my neck of the woods, your arm would get tired trying all of the different guns.

GodnCountry65

Fanatic
Tiff S. said:
Hi, my name is Tiffany. I am Kevin S.'s wife. I am fixing to get my concealed carry license, and so decided I would join to get some tips, and share stuff that I come across.

My wife just took her class Saturday. She is getting very interested in guns. Take a look at the women only shoot at tricitygunclub.org if you want to shoot a little bit of everything. I am a member there and my wife did it last year and had a good time.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife shoots at heartland with me, shed love to have another girl to talk to and shoot with!

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Don't have the license yet, just going to get it next month or so. Trying to decide on what gun to get too, I really like the baby Glocks. Kevin used to have one, but I think a skinnier gun might be better. We went Saturday and looked at the Kel Tec slim 9mms and some others. Any suggestions? I also liked the little revolvers but not sure how easy to carry they would be.

My wife and I went shopping for her a pistol a while back. She tried the Kahr CW9, Walther PPS, Glock 19, M&P 9c, and a Springfield sub compact XD9.
After going through all of them, the Kahr had too much kick for her, the Walther PPS grip was too long and skinny, Glock 19 didn't fit her small hands, M&P9c she just didn't like the wavvy serrations on the slide (mute point I know, but try telling my wife that) she ended up loving the Springfield sub compact XD9 so that's what we got.
Now I feel better about her being at home alone on the nights I have to work night shift.
Whatever you decide to get, make sure you try it out with a few other offerings before spending the cash on something you might not like after shooting it.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
To each their own, let them pick what they like and shoot it first if possible. Some feel good in the hand and the looks may be appealing but shoot poorly. The main thing is shoot it enough to feel comfortable being able to use it to defend yourself. A lot of people come to the concealed carry classes with guns that won't run and that just adds to the frustration and often leads to a gun at home instead of carried.

Latest posts