New, From Oklahoma

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, I have to agree shoot a m&p and glock and choose one of those. The 40 is a good choice if your going to reload you can download for production and steel challenge.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I would seriously consider getting a glock 35 or m&p pro instead of the XDm. I haven't shot a 5.25 XDm yet, but I own a 9mm XDm. The slide is heavy and causes much more muzzle flip than a glock or m&p. The other problem is the lack of local gunsmiths to work on them and available parts. You will quickly want a trigger job and the only options are canyon creek or springer precision. Although their prices are in line with what everyone charges for trigger job, you will get hit with almost $100 in shipping charges to get your gun to them and back. In hindsight, I regret not buying a one of the other guns.

As much as I hate to, I agree with everything Phillip said. The XDM is a great gun and it will treat you well. The Glock and M&P guns are just a little more great for competitive Shooting.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Go shoot all three and see what works for you. I tried m&ps and didn't like them and 3 of the 4 XDs I shot either malfed on factory ammo or broke on me so that leaves glocks for me.

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
So I found a site that is selling police trade ins 2nd and 3rd gen Glock 22 .40 cal cheap any thoughts on that, I was thinking cheap and plenty of parts available wouldn't be a bad investment?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Any Glock will perform, but you should try to find the G34 or G35, or maybe a G24.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
So I found a site that is selling police trade ins 2nd and 3rd gen Glock 22 .40 cal cheap any thoughts on that, I was thinking cheap and plenty of parts available wouldn't be a bad investment?

How cheap? I bought a police trade in G17 once and it was rough and it had a 14# trigger.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
well @45-50 bucks and it should be good to go and that is money I would spend on a new Glock.
XDs run well in West TX - must be the thinner air lol

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I would seriously consider getting a glock 35 or m&p pro instead of the XDm. I haven't shot a 5.25 XDm yet, but I own a 9mm XDm. The slide is heavy and causes much more muzzle flip than a glock or m&p. The other problem is the lack of local gunsmiths to work on them and available parts. You will quickly want a trigger job and the only options are canyon creek or springer precision. Although their prices are in line with what everyone charges for trigger job, you will get hit with almost $100 in shipping charges to get your gun to them and back. In hindsight, I regret not buying a one of the other guns.
I ended up buying a gen 2 Glock22 of which I have shot some and I like it!

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
How cheap? I bought a police trade in G17 once and it was rough and it had a 14# trigger.
Well I paid $370 for a Glock 22 police trade in, when I got it home I stripped it down to find next to no wear on the barrel feed ramp and the top edge of the ramp was square, you could still see the factory machine marks in the ramp, had not been polished, Trigger wise about 5 lbs. not to bad but would always like it lighter, I have shot about 100 rounds through it just in practice and found it all in all a great gun. I am happy with my purchase, and hope to be able to go to the Feb 4th Match at OKCGC.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats.
My first Glock was a 2nd gen G22. A buddy this past yr had more money then I had need, so I parted with it. My brother while I was overseas used it for his first few yrs as a Deputy and shot the best he ever had with a pistol using it to qualify with.
You should get a lot of great use out of the pistol. Hope you enjoy your purchase.

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats.
My first Glock was a 2nd gen G22. A buddy this past yr had more money then I had need, so I parted with it. My brother while I was overseas used it for his first few yrs as a Deputy and shot the best he ever had with a pistol using it to qualify with.
You should get a lot of great use out of the pistol. Hope you enjoy your purchase.
Thanks !!

Latest posts