New Form 4473

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
That's why OKCFD issues you a number during the application process. You don't have a name or race, just a number and the new hire is based off performance alone. At least that's how they were doing it a few years back, hopefully they've continued it.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm always confused as to which box to check. I'm Irish, German, Native American, etc, though I look Irish the most of them all. There's probably a little Hispanic in me and maybe some African American as well. I doubt Hawaiian or Asian, though it's possible. What would a FFL do if I checked them all? Does NICS ask for race when you call them?

I started to say.."American, via Hawaii..but there is not really a record of it" hey, it's worked in the past for at least one

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
At least they rewored question 11.l and now You don't have to try and explain if someone is a non-resident alien. So the new form isn't completely comfusing. I have not yet been asked by the NICS examiner to answer question 10.a; but since I am using the new form I answer it anyway.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Under 12b check the semi-pro box.

At first I read this as "under 12lb check the semi-pro box" so then I thought "so for over 12lb do I check the pro box?" and then I thought "so how does Jessie walk?"

I need to stop reading forums during the research phase of my malt liquor reviews.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
“Also please keep in mind, this is being done nine years after the end date of the OMB directive, it’s after Fast and Furious, and it’s after ‘emergency’ multi-rifle reporting requirements being imposed on border state gun shops,” he reminded.
“Who is kidding who?” he challenged.

http://www.examiner.com/article/attorney-responds-to-claim-that-consistency-was-purpose-behind-atf-form-change

Truth right there! ^^^^^^
I think every Hispanic or even slightly complected person should file a discrimination suit. Seriously...Why the hell did they feel the need to give Hispanics their own section instead of adding to their box to 10.b? What a crock.

dennishoddy

Seriously...Why the hell did they feel the need to give Hispanics their own section instead of adding to their box to 10.b? What a crock.

I guess for the same reason that if your applying for legal citizenship in this country, your required to take the test in the English language, and answer all verbal questions in English with the exception of one nationality. Mexican. They are allowed to have an interperter present to answer for them.
A good friend married a German lady when he was stationed there. Since she has lived here for so many years, she decided to apply for citizenship. Since she speaks fluent English, the testing was not a problem, but when the Mexicans showed up with interpreters, it made her very upset.

Latest posts