New Form 4473

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I never liked the "race" question but wonder why they felt the need to not only add "Hispanic", but to make a whole new section for it (10a)?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I never liked the "race" question but wonder why they felt the need to not only add "Hispanic", but to make a whole new section for it (10a)?

who knows, i won't say how i really feel (because it would be a 1,000 word post) but our nation has long way to go on race issues. Even simple questions like these have impacts. They did a study on verbal/math tests where they took 2 groups and with one group they just took the test, the next group had to specify their race, the group that had to specify race before the test did significantly worse (African Americans).. There are numerous other studies that confirm the same thing... (yes, they are all peer reviewed!! joke from another thread). i better stop here.....

45recoil

likes to party
Id be more inclined to answer if they had the option of "both". Until then I have to chose, and ill be wrong either way.

Its dumb but certainly will not detor me from buying another gun.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
who knows, i won't say how i really feel (because it would be a 1,000 word post) but our nation has long way to go on race issues. Even simple questions like these have impacts. They did a study on verbal/math tests where they took 2 groups and with one group they just took the test, the next group had to specify their race, the group that had to specify race before the test did significantly worse (African Americans).. There are numerous other studies that confirm the same thing... (yes, they are all peer reviewed!! joke from another thread). i better stop here.....

Benjamin needs 1000 words: Matt needs 1

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Benjamin needs 1000 words: Matt needs 1

Some guys are much better at getting their point across, lol!

Yes, that's what stumps me. Race is already on there. Now there is another question for "Ethnicity" and those choices are Hispanic or non-Hispanic.

What's the difference in race and ethnicity?

My great great great grandfather was from Spain. I guess I'll answer Yes.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Wonder if they star denying for that question... it shouldn't have anything to do with purchesing or owning a firearm.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
personally i don't think it should be on there... i also refuse to answer what race i am when i have to fill out job applications...
I only need 6 words and they apply to the whole form.

It's a crock and it stinketh.
Wonder if they star denying for that question... it shouldn't have anything to do with purchesing or owning a firearm.

This is my favorite gun forum.

I thought the same thing, but its not a PC thing as much as it is an info thing.

As far as looks; Sammy sosa is quite a bit different looking than Seve ballesteros.

dennishoddy

From what i understand, As far as the race question on job applications, it's there so that employers can meet government mandated race quotas.
I always check native American.
Hell, I was born here, doesn't that make me a native to this country?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
From what i understand, As far as the race question on job applications, it's there so that employers can meet government mandated race quotas.

you are correct.. but i still disagree with it..

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic

That's one of my peeves. At a former employer in manufacturing, HR had to provide yearly staffing reports that were nothing more than racial breakdowns.

How many "minority" applicants?
How many did you hire?
And a lot of others BS questions along these lines.

Bottom line was you had better have the politically correct ratio of minorities or the EEOC would come knocking and you had better have good answers or a large checkbook. You tell me, what's this practice called again?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody

Latest posts