New All The Way Around

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
It will take more than a few hollow compliments for ANYONE to get a free entry..................

New shooter....great entertainment value for all of the guys! :D Free entry gains you the story of what I did at H&H last week -- had to finally go admit it and ask for help... :unsure:

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Right now I only own a .22 (purchasing a 9mm on the 10th) and I will be staring down into the Grand Canyon on the 1st, but thank you for the invite. I do want to start attending matches.
11 years ago I was returning from California and had a flat tire outside of Flagstaff thought while i am here I should go to Grand Canyon, got to the Grand Canyon thought I am going to go down it, bought a camping pass for half way up for next day. Went to the store there and bought the blue hiking bag pack (the one I carry three gun gear with) lots of water and food took only a sheet and a coat for bedding that's Redneck at its best. Went 7.2 mi down the steep way got to Phantom Ranch really quickly maybe 2 hours I thought my toes were going through the front of my boots it was steep. Thought I will sign the visitor book in a moment (I forgot) saw a pay phone at bottom used that last of a calling card to leave a 30 second message for my babies momma soon to be wife that I had gone to Grand Canyon, last time I had talked to her I had told her I had to get a flat tire fixed. Then I hiked to the camping spot up the Angel Bright trail it was sandy but not as steep. It started sprinkling and thundering this thunder roared throught the canyon very loud so I got the hell outa there that day. It was 9.8 miles up for a total of 17 mile round trip that day. Went to a hotel never bothered to call home. Got home the next night.
Hope you enjoy the Grand Canyon and welcome to Boomer Shooter.
Later Corey

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! Lots of good folks here, you'll find that most will let you try out whatever equipment we have all ya need to do is ask. I have a pistol from another member of the board and I just mentioned I would like to try one! I'm pretty close to Norman and will try to answer any question you might have IF I know the answer if not I bet I can figure out who would know.

Up front warning about competitive shooting, a crack habit would be cheaper LOL Later,

Kirk

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I am new here too and I have found good info and good people here. Now may I suggest going to OKC gun club website and looking at the calender there are steel challenge about once a month, perfect for shooting you .22 bring a box of 500 just in case. Hope to see you out there. BTW there are other matches there, most are open to the public and affordable to enter.

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Crack may be cheaper, but shooting is legal.....

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcomes...and help. Since our Thelma & Louise trips are typically about fun, endurance, and sleeping in the car when we are too tired to go anymore, I'll talk to you when I get back.

Latest posts