New All The Way Around

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi! I have only been shooting for a few months and have realized how much that I love it. I do not know much, but I do know that I want to learn to shoot in competitions and ran across your forum -- thought it might be a good place to learn.

dennishoddy

Welcome to BoomerShooter! Don't be afraid to ask any question. Unlike other forums you will get an intelligent answer on this site

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Welcome!
There's a carrygun match at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond on the 1st. You should head up there and check it out, but bring a pistol, holster, ammo, and a couple mags cause you're gonna want to play.

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Right now I only own a .22 (purchasing a 9mm on the 10th) and I will be staring down into the Grand Canyon on the 1st, but thank you for the invite. I do want to start attending matches.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Cool, next time then.
The Heartland matches are very new shooter friendly so don't be intimidated on coming out to shoot that new pistol of yours. You'll walk away smiling.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool, next time then.
The Heartland matches are very new shooter friendly so don't be intimidated on coming out to shoot that new pistol of yours. You'll walk away smiling.

That is what I did. I have made the last three matches so far. Great new comers brief and great SOs.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to it brother, you've discovered the rush of squeezing the trigger...trust me, it doesnt go away, but you might learn to like the sound of steel ringing jsut as much...Welcome to BS

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to BS. You will see that 22s are like ARs. You always need one more. lol I love 22s. Its hard to beat a cheap and fun plinker. Not a qualified "Gun Czar" like some of the guys on here, but I will try to help all I can. You have some people on here that really know their stuff, and can help you alot.

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome!
There's a carrygun match at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond on the 1st. You should head up there and check it out, but bring a pistol, holster, ammo, and a couple mags cause you're gonna want to play.

My trip is cancelled -- what time is the carrygun match? It is on the 1st? They aren't closed?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Starts at 5:30 Sunday the 1st
They're open. Talk to Burk or Benjamin when you get there. Burk is the handsome fella who will probably be walking around and he'll give the safety tutorial for the new shooters. Benjamin will probably be behind the counter by the gun range, blonde guy, not quite as handsome as Burk. (sorry Ben, had to rag ya :) )

dennishoddy

They're open. Talk to Burk or Benjamin when you get there. Burk is the handsome fella who will probably be walking around and he'll give the safety tutorial for the new shooters. Benjamin will probably be behind the counter by the gun range, blonde guy, not quite as handsome as Burk. (sorry Ben, had to rag ya :) )

Suckin' up to Burk for a free entry are ya?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Talk to Burk or Benjamin when you get there. Burk is the handsome fella who will probably be walking around and he'll give the safety tutorial for the new shooters. Benjamin will probably be behind the counter by the gun range, blonde guy, not quite as handsome as Burk

Suckin' up to Burk for a free entry are ya?

It will take more than a few hollow compliments for ANYONE to get a free entry..................

Latest posts