Needing suggestions

Well-Known Fanatic
I went thru the same question as you and ended up with a 1-4x swfa. unless your hunting in thick brush a little magnification would be the best option for hunting.

SheepDogK-10

Fanatic
I have a Vortex PST 1-4x24 with the TMCQ reticle on my 300 AAC Blackout with 45deg offset BUIS and LOVE IT!!!! The scope is 2nd focal plane but all of the ranging is done on the 4 power setting. Which is no big deal but it would still be better if it was 1st focal plane. I just couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ for the FFP. I spent around $500 on it from Optics Planet.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
I know I'm new to good optics but the first time I looked through a vortex scope I couldn't believe how bad all the other optics were I had used before.

I have the Vortex PST 1-4x24 TMCQ and really like it but wish I had the 1-6 power now. The subtension lines are perfect for my rifle at 200, 300, 400, 500 yards.
I also use the off set BUIS from TROY and they are great. I guess just from inexperience, but I like the BUIS better for targets under 50 yards.

I wonder on my next rifle if I should try a 2.5-8x24 since I use BUIS on close targets. The Benton Gun Club 3 gun matches always have 3, 4, 500 meter targets. I can hit them pretty well now, but at 500 I couldn't even tell you what shape the target is with that 1-4 power. They said shoot that black spot and if you hit it, some lights will flash.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I can highly recommend the Bushnell 1-6.5. It beats the hell out of the Burris MTAC I was using. You couldn't tell it from my scores on Sunday, but that had a lot more to do with me than the optic.

Latest posts