Need to get started on an SBR

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
You lost me on pretty much all of that.
https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

Efile, you can file your form 1 (needed for SBR) online, but you can only file online if your have a corp/trust/etc, and not as an individual. I went with efile for a couple of reasons, mainly for ease of my wife to use it even if I'm not around,

Well-Known Fanatic
JHenderson is right, efile can only be done with trust and cold hand should be able to efile the cans,

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What was the stiff about remembering what to out on the lowers and such? I'm hoping Steve at cold hand arms will handle all of this for me.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Can someone tell me why you would want to go through the trouble of getting an SBR when you can just get an AR pistol and put a sig brace on it? I'm sure that I'm missing something, but if that's 100% legal with no hoops to jump through, it seems like the logical thing to do.

jtischauser

Shane P said:
Can someone tell me why you would want to go through the trouble of getting an SBR when you can just get an AR pistol and put a sig brace on it? I'm sure that I'm missing something, but if that's 100% legal with no hoops to jump through, it seems like the logical thing to do.
Sig brace is legal which is cray cray cause it works great as a stock. It's just kinda short. I'm gonna get a plate carrier to wear when I shoot it so that it fits right and looks legit.

jtischauser

I just left Cold Hand Arms. Steve got me lined out. Filled out the paperwork on the 7.62 Saker and .45 Osprey. I dropped off a pair of BoomerShooter.com lowers to get engraved for my SBR's. I didn't know Steve had an engraver. That sure made it easier then having to go somewhere else to get that done. $800 to the BATFE later I'm almost set. Still waiting on my 5.56 saker.

If you guys need any class III stuff Steve at Cold Hand Arms is the man to see.

Http://Www.coldhandarms.com

jtischauser

hunter_dmw12 said:
sweet now you will go through twice the ammo as you did before.
I doubt it. These will get shown off more than shot. Class III stuff is what impresses people that don't know a lot about firearms the most.

jtischauser

Do I need to pick my caliber and barrel length for my SBR engraving?

I haven't bought any parts for the uppers yet.

Ipsilateral

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Do I need to pick my caliber and barrel length for my SBR engraving?
I haven't bought any parts for the uppers yet.
You will have to know this info as it will be required to fill out the form 1

Latest posts