Need help choosing a 3-gun rifle

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm ready to buy a new 3gun rifle but I'm stuck on deciding between 3. The 1st one is a JP -15 MRR the 2nd is a Stag 3g and the 3rd is the new LOKI 3-gun rifle. Which one would u guys go with any suggestions?

dennishoddy

They all have great reputations.
Personally, the more I read about Loki going head to head against other AR manufacturers, and coming out as the leader of the pack, I'd sure look that direction. It is a personal decision though.

BLR

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't have any experiance with the other two but i own a Stag 3g and i really like it. It will and has shot groups at 200 you could cover with a dime. The comp on it works a little to well it kinda nose dives but that is the only complaint i have.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
They all have great reputations.
Personally, the more I read about Loki going head to head against other AR manufacturers, and coming out as the leader of the pack, I'd sure look that direction. It is a personal decision though.
Yeah, I like that carbon fiber hand guard and that they give u the option to go with the rolling thunder comp.

TroyF

TheBearcat
We have fans of all three on here. Im gonna jump put on a limb and speak as if I were each of our big guys....

JT: "Stag all the way, baby! It even makes me look like a rockstar!"
Anderson: "Loki. It helps me keep JT honest."
Chambers: "whichever gun that lets me shooter faster than anyone in the Universe. Or any parallel Universe."
KurtM: "Oh hell, gimme the damn rifle. I'll bastardize it to perfection. Now where's my drink?"

Sound about right?

I dont know the other cats well enough to give them hell. Yet.....

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I just ordered a Loki with all the bells and whistles. Well almost. I have the whole rifle coming less a buttstock and stripped lower. All upgrades were ordered. Erik said about 2 weeks. I'll post up when it gets here.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
I just ordered a Loki with all the bells and whistles. Well almost. I have the whole rifle coming less a buttstock and stripped lower. All upgrades were ordered. Erik said about 2 weeks. I'll post up when it gets here.
Love to see a pic of it when u get it. Hearing good things about the LOKI. I'm kind of leaning towards the LOKI now.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i would go with loki and rolling thunder comp.. i love my loki 20 inch AR!!! shoots beyond accurate and light..

Chambers

actual GM
Sound about right?

LOL!! Pretty damn close!

Good news, Swifty, between the aforementioned rifles there is no wrong answer. All 3 companies listened to shooters and put together an impressive product.

However, only one of the companies you listed makes the fancy go-fast parts that we all stuff in our rifles...the original, the gold standard by which all others are judged. That company is JP. Yes, their product is the most expensive, and no, they do not sponsor me!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
There is no right answer to this question. All 3 rifles have parts I lust over. You must choose who makes the best combo for you. Stag is my current sponsor, Loki is my former sponsor, and JP has given me a bunch of deals and advice so they are like a sponsor too.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
LOL!! Pretty damn close!

Good news, Swifty, between the aforementioned rifles there is no wrong answer. All 3 companies listened to shooters and put together an impressive product.

However, only one of the companies you listed makes the fancy go-fast parts that we all stuff in our rifles...the original, the gold standard by which all others are judged. That company is JP. Yes, their product is the most expensive, and no, they do not sponsor me!

I would really like to disagree with chambers but this is correct.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Once you add a low mass bolt carrier to the non JP Rifles, the JP does not cost much more.

The 3 gun rifle from loki has a low mass bcg coated in NiB.
I would go with the loki myself. I've thought about selling my current 3 gun rifle so I could get one.

All three are definitely great choices! I just took a different route and ordered a LaRue PredatAR... should be here in the next month or so. LaRue has always impressed me with accuracy and reliability :)

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Where,s my drink??....Where is my drink???? Come on Troy I always know where THAT is, and you got it a bit backwards, drink first then bastardize!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Where,s my drink??....Where is my drink? ??? Come on Troy I always know where THAT is, and you got it a bit backwards, drink first then bastardize!

Kurt best work doesn't happen until after at least 2 or 3 beers or maybe a scotch or 2.

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
We have fans of all three on here. Im gonna jump put on a limb and speak as if I were each of our big guys....

JT: "Stag all the way, baby! It even makes me look like a rockstar!"
Anderson: "Loki. It helps me keep JT honest."
Chambers: "whichever gun that lets me shooter faster than anyone in the Universe. Or any parallel Universe."
KurtM: "Oh hell, gimme the damn rifle. I'll bastardize it to perfection. Now where's my drink?"

Sound about right?

I dont know the other cats well enough to give them hell. Yet.....

:85:

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
The 3 gun rifle from loki has a low mass bcg coated in NiB.
I would go with the loki myself. I've thought about selling my current 3 gun rifle so I could get one.

Loki offers their low mass bolt carrier as an upgrade. The match trigger is another upgrade. The standard 3G rifle does not include either. I have no issue with Loki or the quality of anything they make.

I was just trying to make the point that some people have "sticker shock" when they see the cost of a JP, but everything you would want in a standard 3 gun rifle is already included in the price of the JP-MRR. There are no adds for the preferred trigger or low mass BCG.

Latest posts