Need Gun Safe Recommendation

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I've decided that my next gun purchase needs to be a safe to protect the guns I already have. Anybody have a good recommendation? I only have a few long guns and would mostly be storing pistols inside, but I'd like something I could grow into. I'm more concerned about the crackheads next door than I am about fire. Insurance will replace them if they burn up, but I can't stand the thought of the meth-smoking delinquents down the street putting their hands on my blasters. I've never owned a safe and don't know much about them, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
I purchased a Winchester Ranger safe a few years ago, about $1200.00 by the time it gets delivered and bolted to the floor. It's average at best but it gets the job done. It holds all my guns now but I am a little concerned with the safe having only an electronic lock on it and a short burn rating. Have my eyes on a Liberty safe for future purchase, yeah I should have spent more.........................

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
H&H has an amazing selection of safes.

Atwoods has pretty good prices on the limited number of safes they carry.

I actually sold all my safes after getting Jason Grants gun insurance, I keep all my guns loose in the back of my pickup everyday.

Nice Jesse! We still cover them..with or without a safe lol
You can get info on Collectibles Insurance Services LLC here on Boomer Shooter. ..just click on the green banner
I'd be glad to help

I have had an eye on a liberty at h&h for about 1299.00. The guy told me that they were having a 10% off sale coming soon...and they are another Boomer Shooter contingency sponsor

Robbie said:
I was hoping I could find something for around $2k or less.
H&H has good safe prices, go there and tell them your budget, measure out where you want to put it and bring the numbers w you. make sure you ask for a delivered price.
Bear safes suck for ease of opening the locks.
. I use only electronic locks and change the batteries every christmas eve. I pop them open easily 10-20 times a day..

also, dont be an idiot and have Ron laugh at you when your **** is stolen.

Blows my mind how many of you guys I know have $4000 guns and put it in a foot locker or pelican case under the bed.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have all my guns in a safe that cost about $1800. It's a fat boy i think. Doesn't have the electronic buttons which I wish it did.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I won't ever buy another safe with an electronic lock and may change out the one I have now to dial lock to match my other safe. I missed most of deer season a couple of years ago while I waited for a locksmith to come and open my safe with the busted electronic lock. Since then I have given several people the locksmiths info open their electronic locked safe.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Tractor Supply and Academy have good prices on name brand safes. Depending on how big of a safe you need, you won't need to spend $2000

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Amsec all the way. They have them at H&H.

What most people run into is they end up having $15K+ in a $400 safe. It just doesn't make sense. Don't go lowball on a safe. Seriously, you do get what you pay for in a safe, I would not consider anything less than Amsec or the top tier Brownings or Liberty. Check out youtube and see how easy the 400lb $500 safe is to get into and then look at the fire tests. If you get a digital lock make sure it's a S&G. They even supposedly have an EMP proof one out now.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I went with liberty from H&H, they have a really good selection to browse through on display.
it's easy to spend half a day in there comparing them to each other.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I'm currently renting and my house has a crawlspace, so I dont think I'll be able to bolt it down. I'm hoping the weight and size will be enough to keep someone from hauling it off. I know it would be a joke for a professional burglar, but smash and grab crack/meth/dope head burglaries are more common around here. I was thinking I would put a bunch of weight in the bottom. You guys have any other ideas for how to secure it in a rental?