My wife is an OFFICIAL GUN OWNER

dennishoddy

Jeff said:
LOL... I may have created a monster. The Walther had a cracked grip... lot's of them did right out of the box. She just ordered a new set from Midway on at least 90 day backorder.

She picked out that Kimber (the 9mm sell quick and have been hard to find too)... 1200 ... (she's got a bonus coming... but hell... I don't think any thing I've owned costs over 700 when I got it)....

She looks at me when at the cash register...."Hey.. I did not buy that Wilson...." (about 4K)

They always come up with some sort of reason. LOL

Biggs

GunZoo
That's great! I'm still working on the fiancee, so your progress gives me hope.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Congrats with the wife shooting and going to classes. Mine started, took a decent target to show her friends and wont touch a firearm since that time. Freaking friends.

Ref a caliber to big I would suggest 32 H&R Mag, 327 Mag and 38spc (on a 357mag frame if possible)
The SP101s are tanks and any of the calibers will be fine as long as the wt. isn't to much.
Then there is everything else. S&W, Taurus, etc.
Just don't go with a lt. wt. model. I would suggest 3-4 " bbl. M65 lady smiths are nice.

Ref the Walther it's a great pistol but shooting a Sig is so much nicer though a slightly larger pistol.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
My wife wants a revolver but I'm alittle scared of what caliber is to big

Why are you scared...she's gonna be shooting it. My sister prefers a .45 1911... more women than I can count have mastered the 38 special or any other fighting caliber we can mention.

Rule one when picking out a gun for your wife.GF.
DON'T

Get a freind that she trusts, a gun shop guy you like or some other 3rd party to help her pick out a gun.

If you can send her to a intro class to handguns. For some mystical reason a woman will take advise from a stranger about stuff like this while your identical opinion hits a stone wall.

Caliber... most women can shoot any handgun as well as the next guy. Again- simple coaching. My wife picked up a semi-auto of mine when she first got the "bug"... She put some Hollywood- teacup- made- for- TV grip on it... "Thumbs forward?", says I. "Theres more than ONE way to do it", says she.She gets back from a 4 hour class... guess who has figured out how to get her chin over her toes, get a high- thumbs forward grip, and even.... rack the slide?

Cossi

Fanatic
My wife just signed up to take her CCW class this week. She goes at the end of March. I have taken her shooting some and she is pretty salty. I am really proud of her for wanting to do it. Now begins the shopping portion.

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
glad to see more women are carrying.

my wife actually gets her fingerpints on tuesday so shes about 6 weeks from being legal...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
My wife finished her CCW class last night. She put all 50 into a goup that could be covered with her palm (ok... about 6 flyers were in a lung).

The instructor had her firing on flash sight picture and double tapping the last 20 or so. i went with her once this week... she took some coaching and was all ears. Very proud of her.

She was looking for an Advanced Defensive pistol class and was a little suprised that I asked to go to the same thing with her. (of course - after shooting the floor I need to pay a little penance... a few Hail Marys' and confession are good for the soul)

Cossi

Fanatic
My wife found a CCW class sooner and finished it this morning. I am so proud of her! She did awesome!

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
6 years I have been trying to get my wife into guns. She'd piddle with them here and there. But a little more then two weeks ago she bought her first hand gun a taurus pt111 after like 4 months of shopping/handling to see what she wanted. Now she wants 2 more mags and holsters for USPSA. Who is this woman and where did she come from? (Maybe I should worry...)

Latest posts