My wife is an OFFICIAL GUN OWNER

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
about a month ago she sent me an email from work .... with a list of about 10 .380's to check out. The PPK/S made that list...as did a couple of Makarovs, Sigs, etc.

so... I ran across a new in the box...PPK/s Walter from the late 80's (Virginia- made Interarms version)...never fired-but missing the cleaning rod. Cris went to pick it up , the 4473 is in her name.

she's looking for instruction and a CCW class....

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
If I end up with some 90 grain divots in the back of my head..... :85: I only have myself to blame.

She knows I could teach her everyting she needs to know... but she'd like to stay married.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
That's awesome. My wife's not too far behind. We're in the shopping phase and looking at CCW classes.
How long have you been working on her? Or did she decide to carry on her own?

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I really have not said a thing to her about CCW. She used to shoot a little out at the farm, but never asked to do it.

The last few months she's asking if I have a gun on when we go out. I think that she got to thinking this through on her own... I am not ALWAYS around

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
That sounds like us exactly. I agree, I feel better knowing she can protect herself / our kids when I'm not around.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Update this item

Well the little Walther sat in the closet for a couple of months. I was sorta hinting around the other day that the little guy really needed "shooting" ,,,,

So she asks, "where can I go to a class"?

Saturday she spent a half day at Heartland Edmond in a Basic Handgun class. She came back all SMILES. Saturday afternoon she want's to go gun shoping.

The little Walther was NIB... and like most Walters is capable of a nasty slide bite until you de horn the slide. Cris decided a bigger frame would be more comfortable to shootWe ended up back at Heartland... and she looked at a KImber Aeigies II 9mm 1911 and could not put it down. We headed off to a couple of ther places and hit a gun show Sunday. Sunday PM she put a deposit on the KImber... and paid for her CCW class.

I did dehorn the slide the other day... The Walthers staying too.

dennishoddy

She knows I could teach her everyting she needs to know... but she'd like to stay married.

I know this is an old quote, but your correct. Make sure she gets training from an Instructor, not a gun user.

Congrats on getting her into guns. I'm still working on mine, and its going to be a long hard road.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea, my wife was skeptical, but Ive been shooting with her a lot and she finally agreed to go do a class, we shot the class with Dave Elderton at heartland, we havent been able to shoot much until this past sunday, she picked up the pistol locked on and started doing transition drills and shooting targets in different orders. Its awesome to see how much she has learned, it wont be long till shes outshooting me Im fairly sure.

Oldtimer

Well-Known Fanatic
A couple years back I went thru a class with my wife and daugthers. It was a nice refresher and it was great to see them learning from someone other than me. When my grandsons get old enough I will go with them if they want.

TRick333

Well-Known Fanatic
Getting the misses to even touch a gun is a long hard battle. I'm still working on mine. It will be decided on her own free will as a few arguments were enough for me. I'm hoping she will come around soon as I would like to share this excitement with her. Congrats on your lady making the decision to embrace our given right.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Man I wish mine would take this step

LOL... I may have created a monster. The Walther had a cracked grip... lot's of them did right out of the box. She just ordered a new set from Midway on at least 90 day backorder.

She picked out that Kimber (the 9mm sell quick and have been hard to find too)... $1200 ... (she's got a bonus coming... but hell... I don't think any thing I've owned costs over $700 when I got it)....

She looks at me when at the cash register...."Hey.. I did not buy that Wilson...." (about $4K)

Latest posts