Multi-Purpose Shotgun

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
ASH556 said:
Some guys have issues with the "auto unload" feature on the 1301. The 930 does the same thing, though. It can create a very knarly malfunction where 1.5 rounds are out of the mag tube and both the bolt and lifter are locked. I saw it happen to a guy once mid-stage. I know of a guy making a modified lifter that prevents the issue. Just FYI.
The hinges shell catch on the Stoeger does that too. It ate my lunch a few times in big matches and is the reason I don't run Stoeger any longer.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Chasegibson said:
No-one shooting down my plans of getting a 1301? Does anyone have experience with one?

pdh said:
I run a 24" as my competition gun (3GN). I very happy with it and all I did was open up the load port and stick a Nordic tube on it.
While cleaning my a400 last night I realized the serial number is nearly touching the loading port on the bolt release side. You wouldn't be able to open the port much at all.

Did they relocate the number on the 1301?

pdh

Well-Known Fanatic
Brandon Deem said:
While cleaning my a400 last night I realized the serial number is nearly touching the loading port on the bolt release side. You wouldn't be able to open the port much at all.

Did they relocate the number on the 1301?
I have not relocated it. Since i load over my right shoulder with my right hand, I have gone as far as I can go on the left of the receiver with the serial number on it, on the other side I have gone much lower.

And in a country (South Africa) where you will be locked up on the spot if you have your serial number 'filed off' I wouldnt take the chance with it. But there is enough space without taking the serial number off.

I will up load pictures tomorrow when Im at work

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
pdh said:
I have not relocated it. Since i load over my right shoulder with my right hand, I have gone as far as I can go on the left of the receiver with the serial number on it, on the other side I have gone much lower.

And in a country (South Africa) where you will be locked up on the spot if you have your serial number 'filed off' I wouldnt take the chance with it. But there is enough space without taking the serial number off.

I will up load pictures tomorrow when Im at work
Sorry by they I ment beretta. From everything I read its a felony for anyone but the mfg to mess with the serial number in any way.

Just seems silly to me. The mfgs know what we at doing with these guns. They even open the port a little. Why not make the serial in a place where we can finish the job.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Brandon Deem said:
Sorry by they I ment beretta. From everything I read its a felony for anyone but the mfg to mess with the serial number in any way.

Just seems silly to me. The mfgs know what we at doing with these guns. They even open the port a little. Why not make the serial in a place where we can finish the job.
I know a guy who had his serial number damaged under normal use. So He had an FFL 07 (which is a mfr I think) stamp the serial number again on the gun in a different spot. Depending on which ATF agent you get on the phone that maybe legal.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I know a guy who had his serial number damaged under normal use. So He had an FFL 07 (which is a mfr I think) stamp the serial number again on the gun in a different spot. Depending on which ATF agent you get on the phone that maybe legal.
Not a bad idea. "normal use" for us covers a lot. [emoji6]