Mossberg 930 JM Pro Review

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
The only difference is that is it a 10+1 instead of 9+1

The 22" gun is an 8+1 and the 24" is a 9+1. I have the 8+1.

@TWSS
I like the stippling job you did. Is that a carbon fiber Lancer forend? If it is what did it cost you and how long till you got it?

Thank you sir. The ar came from the factory with that handguard. I think Loki makes it themselves.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
24" barrel also gives you more velocity which helps a lot on stubborn steel targets or those that are farther away.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Why did you remove the barrel/tube clamp? Just courious because I thought about it but then wondered if the weight of the rounds would cause it to can't and not feed correctly.

I took it off because I didn't want to have it negatively affect my POA/POI when shooting slugs. If you don't put back in the exact same spot with the exact amount of torque it will likely change point of impact. Maybe not much, but I didn't want to take any chances.

As for the feeding. I've not had any issues. I know plenty of people run the +8 tubes with no ill effect, barrel clamp or otherwise.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been looking for a 24" JM pro for a while now with no luck. Does anyone have a lead on what the quickest option is to get one. thanks! -Todd

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Not sure about the 24", but I may know where you can get a good used 22" version. Stay tuned.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
That's what I keep tellin' myself. Be happy with the 22" you got, don't get greedy and go for a full 2 footer.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I sold this one. Maybe the new owner will keep updating the thread. He's a member here.

Man, that Mossberg and I sure had some fun times.

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
If your on the fence about getting one I will throw this out there. I have 100's of rounds through mine with only 1 failure to eject completely. Was shooting with a guy yesterday and his FNH was having issues, he told me today it was something with his lifter that he was able to fix, it ran fine today for him.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
I still can't find one anywhere... I don't suppose anyone has the hookup with Mossberg ? I've called them and they can't even give a straight answer as to what is shipping and when. It's a bit discouraging.

Uberelite

Fanatic
This is what I got when I emailed Jerry via facebook. I am looking for one as well.
Jerry Miculek
Mossberg introduced the JM model in January of 2012. Unfortunately, they
grossly underestimated the popularity of the JM930 shotgun. They have
now increased production, but are still trying to catch up with demand.
Hopefully there will be more showing up at stores soon.