• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 880

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Being a competition model they should have welded the lifter so you dont have to do it after you buy it

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I can tell you one thing...... That doesn't look anything like the gun he was shooting when I saw him

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I bet if I was cool there would be more shooting CZ shotguns LMAO

They need to do something with all the bad I have heard about the Mossbergs and seen Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Looks like you get a 930 with some fancy graphics and some kick ass Nordic Components accessories.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
Compared to my 930 SPX, the lifter is the same (why would you do that?), the port is flared a little, the bolt knob is the same, the bolt release button is the same, the stock is the same, the extension is a Nordic instead of a Choate, and of course the long awaited, non ported vent rib.

For having worked on it since, what, 2010? I really expected some more goodies. The SPX is a <600$ gun, so I'm not really seeing the value of the changes.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Couldn't really tell but from the picture it doesn't look to have choke tubes, if not I'd call that a bad move. Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
It's pretty tough for a large manufacturer to build a true custom gun to the detailed specs that we like. Think about how much we tweak our stuff. The average Joe who is also the consumer group that pays the bills at these companies doesnt need all tbe stuff we like. Heck i bet most of these "3 gun" shotguns wont even be used for 3 gun. This same consumer group will buy up the new Benelli and Mossberg by the hundreds. Thankfully we are lucky enough to have some really great custom shops here locally to give our guns a competitive advantage.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
It's pretty tough for a large manufacturer to build a true custom gun to the detailed specs that we like. Think about how much we tweak our stuff. The average Joe who is also the consumer group that pays the bills at these companies doesnt need all tbe stuff we like. Heck i bet most of these "3 gun" shotguns wont even be used for 3 gun. This same consumer group will buy up the new Benelli and Mossberg by the hundreds. Thankfully we are lucky enough to have some really great custom shops here locally to give our guns a competitive advantage.

Too true, you can't please everybody.

As for the 3-gun guns never being used for 3-gun (say THAT 3x), I think this is a benefit and a curse of the 3-gun phenomena.
On one hand, the way you set up your firearms for 3 gun is fast, reliable, and tough as nails. With a few exceptions, it's the most practical setup possible.
On the other hand, good-freaking-luck getting your hands on a Benelli M2 field these days.

leadslinger21

New Fanatic
ive actually been eyeing this thing for a few days now as an upgrade to my 500A. from what ive heard these run pretty good. it is pretty sad they didnt include a welded lifter for the thumb bite but from what ive read on it it has alot of nice add ons. it has a Nordic extension and barrel clamp, non ported vent ribbed barrel, 3 accu-chokes and it comes in 2 different models. one is a 22" barrell with a 8+1 capacity (model 85119) and there is a 24" version with a 9+1 capacity (Model 85118 i think). all in all for the price (~580 at the local gun shop) its about the best Bang for the Buck ive seen so far.

this thread on brian Enos's forum has quite a bit of info on this

http://www.brianenos...c=115843&st=900

Heres an little snippit on the shooting wire about it

http://www.shootingw...om/story/253114

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Paid $571.00 for it on Budsgunshop.com. I picked it up on Tuesday of this week and have 200 rds through it now. All 2 3/4" 7 1/2 shot cheap federal and winchester loads. So far no issues except that super hungry lifter. Let your guard down and it will bite you. I have no experience with any of the other competition shotguns, benelli, fn, etc., so a direct comparison is out of my realm of capabilities. However I know it shoots very well, the action is smooth and the ergonomics fit me like a glove. I was slaying the clays today with my two brother in laws. I have shot clays twice in the last 10 yrs. I used to all the time in my late teen years but that has been a while. So far for my first semi-auto shotgun I am very pleased. Once I get the lifter fixed it should serve as a great beginner 3 gun shotgun, and it will be a long time before I will need to upgrade because the gun holds me back in any significant way. I think this may represent one of the highest values or bang for the buck guns in the world of 3 gun. Just my 2 cents. Brandon.

Mossberg017.jpg

Mossberg020.jpg

Latest posts