Mech Tech in 1911/45

nod

Active Fanatic
Just chasing nice pistols. I am pretty much done with that as I am good with what I have. I would like to live to see the NHC but I am older in poor health. I am sure my son will be happy with the NHC. Also, more down to earth, I would like a Springfield TRP.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
In 2003 I bought a new Les Baer PII with the 1 1/2 guarantee for $1500.00 and some change. At one point I also had the TRS but foolishly let it get away. I still have the PII. The first in a long list of high end 1911s that I own/have owned. Lot of dollars wasted.
P
I paid $1,000 for a NIB Colt 1975 MKIV Series 70.
Then changed the trigger to a Long 0 over travel, & the MSH to flat checkered
with a 1911 wide spur hammer. Handles like a NM.

That's as high as I will go for a 1911.
Crypto Nft GIF by Digital Pratik
In or around 2007? I bought a Brand New Colt New series 70 Government. The first purchase I made after becoming debt free! I'm thinking $975.00+tax. I had the rear sight changed to a Grizzly Custom retro rear sight with a .150 notch, and added a Beautiful set of Colt fully checkered cocobolo grips. It shoots very nice, but spends too much time in the safe. It is one of the VERY few brand new guns I've ever purchased. I generally aquire my guns and my pets used (broken in as I say) Lol.

Latest posts