Man shot at Craigslist gun sale

dennishoddy

Be careful out there.

Tennessee man shot and killed during Craigslist gun sale
Sep 24, 2012 11:04 AM EDT
A Tennessee man was shot and killed Saturday during a meeting to sell guns to two men who answered an ad on Craigslist.

Joshua McLean, 30, of Nashville, and his brother met the two men at a Nashville shopping center Saturday night, according to a WTVF-TV report.

Joshua McLean's brother told police he heard two gunshots when Joshua got out of his car in the parking lot. Then he found his brother lying between two cars, bleeding. Officials believe Joshua was shot twice in the chest.

The men jumped into a vehicle and drove away. Joshua was taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center, where he later died from his wounds.

Police said Joshua and his brother were planning to sell guns, but they were recovered at the scene. The gun used to kill Joshua was not one of his own.

Officers are working with Craigslist to obtain any information on the people who were taking part in the transaction.

Craigslist.org has a list on its website of items users cannot advertise to sell. The list includes weapons, including "firearms, ammunition, silencers, pellet/BB guns, tear gas or stun guns."

Click for more from WTVF.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
No Craigslist, say it ain't so!
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/08/13/police-man-lured-shooting-victim-with-craiglist-ad/

dennishoddy

Drug deal gone bad. Made up Craigslist story afterward.
That may be correct.

I was on the sporting section for craigs list yesterday, and saw a guy had a trailer to trade for "something that goes boom".
I'm thinking that might the code words to call as ask about what caliber/model. Hell, who knows. I'm sure the LEO will figure it out.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Let this be a lesson to us all ... Never meet someone from Craigslist without having a sniper with a high-powered rifle covering you from a near by rooftop.

Chevellex69

Active Fanatic
Use armslist instead of craigslist.. only words of wisdom here. well maybe bring a friend with a rifle and have him ready, and wear some level 4 plates..

dennishoddy

Man, reading some of those arms list ads makes me wonder about some of them getting on there. It's almost like comedy sometimes.

AlamoShooter

Fanatic
The Meat is Jesse's street name =Craigs list sex= Thats how he gets all his extra cash for shooting.

I don't know ....just what I heard on the street :tommy:

yes Foote is my real name

Latest posts