Long guns!

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot a two man sniper match last year and there was a lot of talk about 6.5. Seemed most guys didn't love it if memory serves me right.

Are there a lot more custom off the shelf loads for it?

Refresh my memory. 6.5 needs a large frame AR10 lower doesn't it?

Come shoot some F-class at OKCGC. Take the compensator off your 3G AR15/AR10 and shoot it. Bring 80 rounds of Federal GMM/BH/match ammo.

There's nothing magical about 6.5mm bullets but they do offer a tempting(the best) combination of bench rest accuracy, low recoil, high BC, longer barrel life than high performance 6mm/7mm, and high efficiency. If you don't give a **** about recoil, barrel life, or efficiency, 6.5 chamberings are outpaced by modern magnums.

Donovan

Well-Known Fanatic
Come shoot some F-class at OKCGC. Take the compensator off your 3G AR15/AR10 and shoot it. Bring 80 rounds of Federal GMM/BH/match ammo.

There's nothing magical about 6.5mm bullets but they do offer a tempting(the best) combination of bench rest accuracy, low recoil, high BC, longer barrel life than high performance 6mm/7mm, and high efficiency. If you don't give a **** about recoil, barrel life, or efficiency, 6.5 chamberings are outpaced by modern magnums.

He said he didnt want to reload . so off the shelf 6.5 creedmore is the best bang for the buck................factory loaded 140 amax...... and his his 3G (223) with the FGM will trump a creedmore ....NOPE......

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
6.5 creedmore isn't off the shelf best at anything. Just bring what you're going to shoot and get better at shooting it.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
He said he didnt want to reload . so off the shelf 6.5 creedmore is the best bang for the buck................factory loaded 140 amax...... and his his 3G (223) with the FGM will trump a creedmore ....NOPE......

I don't think he said that the .223 would trump the 6.5C, but that he could bring it out and run it to try.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
182096_4103104226073_1948433788_n.jpg

My 6.5x47 Lapua

Latest posts