Let's see your bug out kits

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a survival store that just opened in Midwest city called red dawn. They sell bug out contents. And teach first aid CPR classes and a couple other things

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
Max Pedition Backpack
Main Stuff
Shortwave/AM/FM radio receiver
GPS Extra Batteries
Whrite in Rain Pad
Compus
Shall AAA flashlight
Large AA flashlight
Cable ties differt sizes
Paracord 100Ft
file 4way
snare wire
pocket stove
pan
GI metal cup
Emergency food rations
leatherman
knife folder
knife generic Swiss Army stlye
whistle
combo whistle, compus, magnifying glass
water proof matches
Blast Match
Fatwood
Bic lighter
1 litter bottle water
wool gloves
work gloves liner for other gloves
emergency banadana
Marathon Emergency Sleeping bag
Single use tooth brush
razer
Wool Watch Cap
Rain gear

Repair kit
Hearing protection
water treatment tablets
eyeglass repair kit
sewing needles
thread
safety pins
scissors
cloth patch material

Medical Kit
SOF Tactical Tuorniquet
2" 14 gage cathter
small hemostats
medical shears
3" Ace Bandage
Rubber Strip/Tourniquet
Size 28 Nasopharyngeal
Alcohol Prep pads
CPR Mask
Asprin
Suture Strips
Cold Compress
Tylenol
Tonuge Depressors
Benzalkonium chloride pads
Bandaids
Butterfly closure
Gause pads
Antibiotic ointment
tape
First Aid Guide
Compressed Gauze
6" Trama Wound Bandage
Halo Seals

On Person
Leatherman mica
Micro prybar
GI can opener
Fire Steel
Microflash light
Favour flashlight
Thumb drive
Spyderco Delica
Phone money
keys
Chapstick
ResQMe

dennishoddy

I don't really have a BOB. Living in the country, and having power outages, cell phone outages, etc, we just adapt to the situation with having generators available, our own water well, underground storm shelter, and having plenty of bottled water, and first aid supplies.
Not really worried about anything worse than a natural disaster

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I keep a match grade two-handed combat handgun with a shoulder rig and plenty of ammo. I really feel like it can get me to the rest of what I would need. Like Army of Darkness-"This... is my BOOOOOOOOMSTICK!"

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I am in the middle of building mine and the wifes. I was wondering if yall could give me a heads up on things that I may still need, that aren't already listed.

Bug out bag x2

Fishing gear
Fire stater
Lint
Cotton balls
Matches
Emergency blanket
Water purfier
9mm Ammo x50
Knife-work
Knife-hunt
Germ-X
Anti-Bac wipes
Duct Tape
MRE x3 (each)
Socks
Underware
FAK
Chapstick
550 cord x1
flashlight
pencil
compass x1
wire

Need

223 mag
Toilet paper
Camp shovel
Camp saw
Multi tool
Fishing line
Gloves
550 cord x1
compass x1

I also have another question. How do you build a BOB for a baby, making sure to get all her essentials?

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I would reccomend adding a Hatchette or Machette to your bag, so that you can chop wood to burn, or if need be use as a weapon.

For a baby, depending on age, would need formula/food, diapers, baby wipes, clothes, bottles/pacifier. toys to keep them occupied. One of those sock hat's. Other than stuff like that, there is nothing I can think of that a baby needs. I would however tuck a pistol in it, assuming that it is for a baby that would not be getting into the bag

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
There's a survival store that just opened in Midwest city called Red Dawn. They sell bug out contents. And teach first aid CPR classes and a couple other things

I need to get over there and check it out. A friend of mine says they carry Maxpedition stuff. Cool!

Dubs Chops

Well-Known Fanatic
Shameless plug here. www.planboutfitters.net offers discounts to all BoomerShooter members and we are adding products weekly. we have optimus field stoves coming, ESEE knives, Katadyn water filters, Firstaid kits, and we will soon be offering fully equipped Bug out bags pre packaged in maxpedition bags. Also we will have hennessy hammocks on the site soon. If you ask me that is about perfect for a get me home bag or even your bugout bag.

;)

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
I would reccomend adding a Hatchette or Machette to your bag, so that you can chop wood to burn, or if need be use as a weapon.

For a baby, depending on age, would need formula/food, diapers, baby wipes, clothes, bottles/pacifier. toys to keep them occupied. One of those sock hat's. Other than stuff like that, there is nothing I can think of that a baby needs. I would however tuck a pistol in it, assuming that it is for a baby that would not be getting into the bag

Thanks! I too have been thinking about the Hatchet, I just don't know about the extra weight. And I would love to put my "other" pistol in the bag, but with a baby running around I don't think the wife would ever go for it. Also what is a sock hat? and I said baby but it would rally be more of a todler (1 year old)

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Kind of a more general question regarding BoB's. Maybe it is determined more on where you live and what your environment is but where do you foresee going TO with your BoB?

I am doing everything possible to get back to my house and bunker in there. I don't foresee a need for 2-3 days worth of portable stuff to tote around. If it all goes south and martial law is declared (for example) I just need enough gear and will power to be able to drive, walk, crawl etc back to my little acreage and stay there through the duration.

All of my "needs" are there and should be able to make it through most anything (except nuclear fallout, and then you are probably screwed anyway)

Maybe I am missing the purpose altogether.

OK Bowhunter

Well-Known Fanatic
For Gods sake don't put a shovel in your wife's bag she may use it on you when she finds out how much you spent :blink:

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
For Gods sake don't put a shovel in your wife's bag she may use it on you when she finds out how much you spent :blink:

Actually so far with 2 bags and using stuff we already own I have $56 into the two bags. Not bad if I say so myself.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Kind of a more general question regarding BoB's. Maybe it is determined more on where you live and what your environment is but where do you foresee going TO with your BoB?

I am doing everything possible to get back to my house and bunker in there. I don't foresee a need for 2-3 days worth of portable stuff to tote around. If it all goes south and martial law is declared (for example) I just need enough gear and will power to be able to drive, walk, crawl etc back to my little acreage and stay there through the duration.

All of my "needs" are there and should be able to make it through most anything (except nuclear fallout, and then you are probably screwed anyway)

Maybe I am missing the purpose altogether.

Personally, I plan on going back to my folks place. Its a few acres, away from lots of people, surrounded by woods creeks and only accessable from 2 very fortifiable points. Might sound a little crazy but Stilly is not my ideal place in case marshal law ever happens. There are too many crazys and way to many liberals here :lol:

AirMech74

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have a dedicated B.O.B. just yet, but I do have an EDC bag..a Maxpedition Kodiak, I carry a few things with me daily....got a basic FAK with oinments, different sized bandages, band aids, rubber gloves, tweezers, and some over the counter meds..Tylenol, Aleve and some others. Also got a Maxped Pocket Organizer stashed in there with Flashlights, Leatherman, chemsticks, pens, markers, lighters, flash drive, lip balm, and small screw drivers. Also in my bag are some handiwipes, hand sanitizer, some EZ Towels that I picked up at Red Dawn, cool lil compact disposable towels, some paracord, gloves, knife and kubaton. I usually throw my Android Tablet in there as well, never leave home without it...such a cool lil gadget.

I'll get around to fixin up a bag that I can grab when/if the time arises.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I've seem this bag. Trust me, THAT'S A BOB!

I don't have a dedicated B.O.B. just yet, but I do have an EDC bag..a Maxpedition Kodiak, I carry a few things with me daily....got a basic FAK with oinments, different sized bandages, band aids, rubber gloves, tweezers, and some over the counter meds..Tylenol, Aleve and some others. Also got a Maxped Pocket Organizer stashed in there with Flashlights, Leatherman, chemsticks, pens, markers, lighters, flash drive, lip balm, and small screw drivers. Also in my bag are some handiwipes, hand sanitizer, some EZ Towels that I picked up at Red Dawn, cool lil compact disposable towels, some paracord, gloves, knife and kubaton. I usually throw my Android Tablet in there as well, never leave home without it...such a cool lil gadget.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

Holy crap dude, I can't even keep up with my keys.

Latest posts