Let's see your bug out kits

twobravo

Fanatic
I have used a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack for several years now. I'll add a list of contents and some pictures in this post in the near future. I have it set up as a GHB basically. If I have to abandon my vehicle, having that bag with the contents in it will help me get back home even if it takes me a day or two. It's small enough and light enough to not hamper my mobility very much.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry a backpack full of stuff when I go out to work everyday - not a B.O.B. but a "get me home bag." I work by appt. and drive all over the tulsa metro area and beyond (not quite "infinity and beyond", but whatever). Any number of things could happen. In the winter I pack for the possibility that I lose control and slide off the road, causing me to have to hoof it somewhere. In warmer weather I pack as if I might have to abandon the relative comfort and shelter of my work van and try to make it to help or even get home to my family. I therefore carry a lot of stuff, all compressed and contained in a sm-med sized backpack, things that I think will help get me home. Once home I then can begin the survival phase if the situation warrants it.

"Get Home Bag" contents:
Lighter/tinder
Surefire flashlight
Hat
Hunter orange vest, for rescue visibilty
a change of clothes (camo, in case I don't wanna be "rescued")
Clean socks (if you're gonna do a lot of walking you gotta take care of your feet)
My fixed blade
My "EDC" (I'm not legal yet for CCW so I just keep it with me)
A reload for the EDC (and a spare box of ammo, because its not my pocket, its a backpack. Although, if I need that, I'm screwed...)
Working on my IFAK...
Trail mix/protein bars or some sort of "food" item
2-32oz gatorade bottles of water

I've got more I want to add, but that's about it for now...

larry lebeau

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry a backpack full of stuff when I go out to work everyday - not a B.O.B. but a "get me home bag." I work by appt. and drive all over the tulsa metro area and beyond (not quite "infinity and beyond", but whatever). Any number of things could happen. In the winter I pack for the possibility that I lose control and slide off the road, causing me to have to hoof it somewhere. In warmer weather I pack as if I might have to abandon the relative comfort and shelter of my work van and try to make it to help or even get home to my family. I therefore carry a lot of stuff, all compressed and contained in a sm-med sized backpack, things that I think will help get me home. Once home I then can begin the survival phase if the situation warrants it.

"Get Home Bag" contents:
Lighter/tinder
Surefire flashlight
Hat
Hunter orange vest, for rescue visibilty
a change of clothes (camo, in case I don't wanna be "rescued")
Clean socks (if you're gonna do a lot of walking you gotta take care of your feet)
My fixed blade
My "EDC" (I'm not legal yet for CCW so I just keep it with me)
A reload for the EDC (and a spare box of ammo, because its not my pocket, its a backpack. Although, if I need that, I'm screwed...)
Working on my IFAK...
Trail mix/protein bars or some sort of "food" item
2-32oz gatorade bottles of water

I've got more I want to add, but that's about it for now...
Whats the best " long term ' protein bar a BOB????

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Whats the best " long term ' protein bar a BOB? ???

I'm interested in this as well. I looked while shopping for groceries today and the expiration dates on granola bars were from one month to 6 months out. They're not protein bars, but I'm interested in the granola/protein/breakfast bar that has the longest life.

I'm working on building a bug out bag. I'll post mine when I get it semi finished.

my go bag is a plain ol school type backpack; a molle encrusted "badass" bag will put a target on your head.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
Whats the best " long term ' protein bar a BOB? ???

I honestly don't know the answer to this question as I rotate (eat) mine frequently! I'm not even sure what the best nutrinional values would be to keep with me. Do I want protein or carbs? Calories? What's gonna give me the most energy to get home on? -I don't know for sure but I hafta think that protein would be a plus...still researching it. Maybe someone here would know more...

larry lebeau

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello, Am looking to get a 'bug out bag' and have , I think narrowed it down to the 511 Rush 72, or the Maxpedition Falcon 2. Which one is the most durable, toughest, carries ie most comfortable the best on hikes etc. thx Larry

Latest posts