Les Baer delivery.

JayW

New Fanatic
I ordered a Les Baer Premier ll in November. It hasn't appeared, yet, and they have my 50% deposit. Has anyone experienced a long delivery such as this?

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Send them a E-mail or call. Have your order # ready. It's probably coming any time now. I've sent mine in a couple of times for extra work. They are not the fastest turn around, but that's a good thing in the long run. Don't worry. When you get it you'll know why it took time. Remember, at least 300rds. to break in. Especially if you got the 1.5" guarantee. There tight. For a reason.

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure it will be fine, They've been at this for awhile. What time frame were you quoted? If its way past what you were quoted, you might email Brenda , or call and ask

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Exactly right! They are worth the time patiently waiting.
They're awesome I've had three, of which two were premiers (one of each 9mm & 45acp) and my current one is a LW Comanche in 45.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Not LB related, but I had a Colt gov't modified by NHC into MY version of the Colt/Hawk. After serious set backs due to illness and covid , I finally received notification that my 1911 is completed and shipped. It has now stopped traveling due to the weather.

This could have an impact on your delivery as well. Hopefully all turns out well, it doesn't get permanently lost or stolen, etc.

I currently own only one Baer, a Hillsdale TRS, pictured in my avatar ( I think the correct term?) Fantastic 1911 and quite a bargain being not much more , if any, than a DW. All carbon steel and still tight enough to need to take out of battery to spin barrel bushing. Fantastic pistols! Worth the wait

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I think my next 1911 will be a another Premier II. I had one years ago and sold it for something else. When I was first getting into handguns(mid 70's). Ignorant idea. I still have the boot in my ass for that move. My TRS needs company. For $2K I believe it's the best deal around for 1911.
I sold one too. I fully understand the "boot in my ass" comment. In fact, I've sold several over the years. If I don't start removing some of these boots in my ass, it's going to get nearly impossible to walk.☺

One of them was when I was younger with much less income. The choice was to sell the gun, or Santa wasn't going to have anything for my 3 yr. old daughter. There's no boot for that one, but I sure wish I could get it back now. It was a Colt stainless model, series 70 that was made in '77. It was a sweet shooter. The friend I sold it to still has it and rarely shoots it. My pride gets in the way of begging him to sell it back to me.

ILED93

Well-Known Fanatic
I sold one too. I fully understand the "boot in my ass" comment. In fact, I've sold several over the years. If I don't start removing some of these boots in my ass, it's going to get nearly impossible to walk.☺

One of them was when I was younger with much less income. The choice was to sell the gun, or Santa wasn't going to have anything for my 3 yr. old daughter. There's no boot for that one, but I sure wish I could get it back now. It was a Colt stainless model, series 70 that was made in '77. It was a sweet shooter. The friend I sold it to still has it and rarely shoots it. My pride gets in the way of begging him to sell it back to me.

Don't know that I'd beg, either. Grovel...maybe. lol I'd definitely ask for the right of first refusal if he ever decided to part with it.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Don't know that I'd beg, either. Grovel...maybe. lol I'd definitely ask for the right of first refusal if he ever decided to part with it.
I asked for the first shot at buying it back when I sold it to him 28 years ago. He has never mentioned selling it. It is an awesome pistol. I had quite a bit of custom work done to it. That was before I got murdered....whoops, I mean married. LOL!

ILED93

Well-Known Fanatic
I asked for the first shot at buying it back when I sold it to him 28 years ago. He has never mentioned selling it. It is an awesome pistol. I had quite a bit of custom work done to it. That was before I got murdered....whoops, I mean married. LOL!
Yeah, I get it. I sold a sweet 6" Model 19-3 ...3T's, box & paperwork, to help finance my wife's engagement ring. We'll be married 39 years come June. I've told her more than once during that time that if I had it to do all over again, I'd still own the Smith. lol

May not hurt to ask him if he'd ever given any thought to letting you buy it back. Worst he can do is say no. A wise old man once told me...Take a chance on getting slapped, you might just get kissed.

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Send them a E-mail or call. Have your order # ready. It's probably coming any time now. I've sent mine in a couple of times for extra work. They are not the fastest turn around, but that's a good thing in the long run. Don't worry. When you get it you'll know why it took time. Remember, at least 300rds. to break in. Especially if you got the 1.5" guarantee. There tight. For a reason.
I'm kinda new here, just wondering, how much does the tightness of slide to frame affect accuracy? I bought a new Walther PPQ TAC 4, German made, and the slide wiggles a tiny bit, but the barrel lock-up is very tight. I realize it isn't a 1911, but it is a tack-driver! And I was inspecting a commander sized Colt 45acp, and the barrel wiggled with my finger pushing on it up and down, and thought I'd rather have a tight lock-up, over a barrel that moved, locked up. But I'm no expert. And also heard of an all S. Steel Dan Wesson's being SO tight, the slide literally needed a wooden mallet to pound it back to battery, after only SIX shots, and the gun had been fully lubed before shooting! He called it: "galling"? What is galling? I believe this Dan Wesson is owned by a member on this forum. And he owns more than one Dan Wesson, but had NEVER experienced this! Anyone know about this? And my question about which is worse? A loose barrel in battery? Or, a bit of slide wiggle? But tight barrel lock-up? And still crazy accurate shooting pistol?
Thank you all!!
David

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a standard 3" version of 38 super. I'll try to be a bit more patient.
Just a newbie question, but what is the difference, ballistics wise, and recoil wise, of a 38 super verses a 45acp.? I've seen 10 and 9mm. 1911's, but never a 38 super in any gun store before.
Thank you!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just a newbie question, but what is the difference, ballistics wise, and recoil wise, of a 38 super verses a 45acp.? I've seen 10 and 9mm. 1911's, but never a 38 super in any gun store before.
Thank you!
Good questions above. There are others here more qualified to help than me. They will come around shortly. I suppose everyone is Christmas shopping.:)

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
similar stainless steels and too tight a slide / frame fitment can "gall" actually transfer material one to another. Its ugly and can jam a pistol up solid. Its been a DW issue or a very long time. Not every DW exhibits this proble.

38 super is sorta like 9mm magnum, can be loaded pretty hot like a 357 mag auto loader, sort of. I like it for 1911 because it loads to same OAL as the 45 auto round, so no spacers, etc.

nod

Active Fanatic
I thought I heard the newer stainless steel used for firearms doesn't gall like the older stainless steel did. I have 2016 and newer stainless steel semi autos and never had a galling problem.

Latest posts