Les Baer delivery.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I sold one too. I fully understand the "boot in my ass" comment. In fact, I've sold several over the years. If I don't start removing some of these boots in my ass, it's going to get nearly impossible to walk.☺

One of them was when I was younger with much less income. The choice was to sell the gun, or Santa wasn't going to have anything for my 3 yr. old daughter. There's no boot for that one, but I sure wish I could get it back now. It was a Colt stainless model, series 70 that was made in '77. It was a sweet shooter. The friend I sold it to still has it and rarely shoots it. My pride gets in the way of begging him to sell it back to me.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
oops hit the wrong button, I'm sorry. Never owned one. Closest I ever came to one was the first Thunder Ranch Special I had ever seen that I got to hold and look at a gun show in Michigan back in 2002. Beautiful gun! By the way pride is highly over rated at times, politely mention that if the time ever comes your friend decides to part with it you'd like to be first in line to buy it. If that doesn't work...then as stated you may want to resort to groveling!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I get it. I sold a sweet 6" Model 19-3 ...3T's, box & paperwork, to help finance my wife's engagement ring. We'll be married 39 years come June. I've told her more than once during that time that if I had it to do all over again, I'd still own the Smith. lol

May not hurt to ask him if he'd ever given any thought to letting you buy it back. Worst he can do is say no. A wise old man once told me...Take a chance on getting slapped, you might just get kissed.
I like the old mans sage advice.

Papa J

Fanatic
I think my next 1911 will be a another Premier II. I had one years ago and sold it for something else. When I was first getting into handguns(mid 70's). Ignorant idea. I still have the boot in my ass for that move. My TRS needs company. For $2K I believe it's the best deal around for 1911.
I had a Premier II but sold it for a few reasons. The bluing under the safety started wearing off almost immediately, I'm left handed and the right sided safety was smaller and uncomfortable to ride my thumb on while shooting. I also wanted to change the sights but they want you to send it in for that.
I did love the lock up and accuracy (mine was not so tight that I couldn't rack the slide out of the box.) Most accurate 1911 I have ever owned. If I get another, it will need to be stainless with different sights.

Gamma4510

Fanatic
I ordered a Les Baer Premier ll in November. It hasn't appeared, yet, and they have my 50% deposit. Has anyone experienced a long delivery such as this?
LB is usually within their quoted delivery time frame, be glad you didn't order one from Pistol Dynamics...

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
Back in 2018, I found a brand new Premier II from a dealer on Gun broker. I paid for it and received it four days later.
Did you order it directly from Baer?

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
Key phrase 2018. Sad how much things have changed in such a short time Isn't it?
Absolutely! But I still see them on Gun broker. Why not order one there? Unless there were special/specific features wanted, that couldn't readily be had from the average dealer...

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
LB is usually within their quoted delivery time frame, be glad you didn't order one from Pistol Dynamics...
I'm pretty sure he's received it by now, you know 25 months later and all! If not, I would cancel my order and get my deposit back plus over two years interest!

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
my order took 11 months. when I emailed them @ 8 mo, they contacted THE DEALER( not me) . I had already heard the dealers excuses( promise was 6-8 mo wait time). and of course he called me to say he knew nothing yet.

finally received my gun. it is a great 9mm build. although the plunger is so tight that I have to use a tool to push it back far enough to seat the slide stop. not a HUGE issue . just annoying

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
my order took 11 months. when I emailed them @ 8 mo, they contacted THE DEALER( not me) . I had already heard the dealers excuses( promise was 6-8 mo wait time). and of course he called me to say he knew nothing yet.

finally received my gun. it is a great 9mm build. although the plunger is so tight that I have to use a tool to push it back far enough to seat the slide stop. not a HUGE issue . just annoying
I had some what of the same problem on a recently purchased LB. The LB PII safety. It was very stiff and not acceptable. Rather than go thru the hassle of sending it back I had my local gunsmith change the safety to a Wilson Low- ride and change out the plunger springe to a Wilson also. I didn't like the original safety anyway. Other than that, the gun is perfect. Les needs to address his Quality Control people NOW. Before he gets a Kimber rap. If somebody there even gives a damn anymore. Seems like a lot of companies are getting complacent.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
I should mention that my Premier II has been flawless since day one! No kidding at all. Several thousand rounds, without any failures of any kind. 100% (Plus!) reliable.
I know, it can't be 100% plus…
But mine has been! ‍

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I should mention that my Premier II has been flawless since day one! No kidding at all. Several thousand rounds, without any failures of any kind. 100% (Plus!) reliable.
But mine has been! ‍
Same as above. 2-PII's (1.5") and a TRS(Hillsdale). Never an FTF or chamber, even breaking in. Most reliable 1911's made. .45 that is. IMOHO.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
But mine has been! ‍
I've only seen two Les Baer guns in my life. One was a Thunder Ranch special, and it was totally beat, and looked like crap! Someone abused the crud out of it apparently. The other was brand new' and so tight you had to pop the slide to rack it. Now that was an incredible piece of art. In my younger days I was buying and selling Colt's right and left, and the fella at the gun store said all the other ones you've bought and sold, ya could'a bought a Led Baer, lol. He was right! I'd really love an older Ed Brown above anything else 1911 right now, but I'm not buying anything other than ammo for the for seeable future.