Legend .45 ACP ammo on sale at Bud's Gun Shop...

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a good price for .45 acp, you mentioned free shipping? I'm not a member yet. Of target sports . Any idea on shipping cost out of state? Appreciate the info on the .45 acp
I can't remember exactly, seems like I checked that before I joined, 500 rds 14-15 bucks maybe, you can go on their website, put however many rounds you are thinking about and put in state and zip and get shipping charge, then just remove from cart, but regardless if a member of prime or not, if you order case(1000 rds)shipping is free anyway, they also at some point if you are a member, they send you a free goody bag of stuff you have ordered throughout the year, 20-30 bucks worth. One year they sent mine in an ammo can. Another good thing about prime, I wanted to try some of the Federal 150 Gr action pistol ammo to see how much less recoil was, less recoil faster follow ups in matches, I think these are 870 FPS vs 1150 for 115 Gr so I ordered 3 boxes, still free shipping. This really was the best deal going until government got involved and made them start charging sales tax

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We have it here $13.97 most all the time CCI & S&B brass cased 45 ball, For me I shall stay with my reloads close to $2 per 50 ct box

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
There is no reason to pay more than

I'm calling $0.329 per round for range so much.

It's just hardball range ammo. No reason to pay that much with better
There is no reason to pay more than

I'm calling $0.329 per round for range so much.

It's just hardball range ammo. No reason to pay that much with better deals online.
i pay 0.25 per round, I haven't seen cheaper than that for factory new unless steel cased, don't know where you got 0.329 based off what I quoted per box

uflraptor

Fanatic
i pay 0.25 per round, I haven't seen cheaper than that for factory new unless steel cased, don't know where you got 0.329 based off what I quoted per box

I was referring to the original post in the thread for ammo from Buds

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I also thought the original post was over priced especially for reloads in a new bag. Our going price here is usually $13.97 a box for new ball ammo brass cased.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Buying jacked bullets from American Reloading you can duplicate for half that easy...

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Buying jacked bullets from American Reloading you can duplicate for half that easy...
I know reloading a lot cheaper but 65 years old, got the heart of a 90 year old, 5 bypasses, 6 heart attacks,5 stints, 2 ablations for A flutter and Afib, 11 total heart caths since 07 so just no desire to get into reloading, energy levels not what it used to be, lots of my shootin buddies reload but 9mm, I'm only one that shoots 45. I admire you guys with the patience to reload but I just don't have it, fortunately I can afford to buy factory and since still working almost full time I spend spare time with my 3 kids and their families(6 grandkids)shooting matches, dry firing or just doin nothing, way more doin nothing than like to admit. To much information over a thread for ammo prices I know, wish I had gotten into reloading when I first started Shooting competively but I procrastinated long enough to loose interest

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Understand totally there as age and medical close and beat you on a few mentioned to all here, just something I have always done, reload and cast doubt I would ever stop.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Understand totally there as age and medical close and beat you on a few mentioned to all here, just something I have always done, reload and cast doubt I would ever stop.
My buddies enjoy it, say it therapeutic, when I was gettin ready to go in for bypass the nurse was telling me things to expect, things that might go wrong etc and she said short term memory for whatever reason seems to be reoccurring side affect which turned out to be true so I've always had a little fear if I started reloading I would load up a small missile so probably a good thing didn't dive on in

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Growing up dad was against me reloading, my dentist who I hated was the one who talked him into letting me reload and cast. He even invited dad and I to his home to teach me and let me load on his tools. When I was very young my 2nd dentist visit, (I learned from the 1st, they were horrible) I ran from the office and hid under the truck with mother and my dentist in pursuit, they pulled me out by my feet! Later after many laughs we were best of friends, due to the amount I shot he suggested early on I get a progressive press my STAR. All down hill from that, I used to save end flaps from primer boxes, the 1000 size, one time I had 38 of them from that press alone. working 2 PT jobs still in school to support my truck and shooting costs living at home still then.

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Growing up dad was against me reloading, my dentist who I hated was the one who talked him into letting me reload and cast. He even invited dad and I to his home to teach me and let me load on his tools. When I was very young my 2nd dentist visit, (I learned from the 1st, they were horrible) I ran from the office and hid under the truck with mother and my dentist in pursuit, they pulled me out by my feet! Later after many laughs we were best of friends, due to the amount I shot he suggested early on I get a progressive press my STAR. All down hill from that, I used to save end flaps from primer boxes, the 1000 size, one time I had 38 of them from that press alone. working 2 PT jobs still in school to support my truck and shooting costs living at home still then.
That is really awesome! And you cast your own bullets too! That is really deep diving into it to get cost down literally to nothing, well glad something good came from trip to dentist other than pain, to this day I still hide under my truck! Great thing about your process you really are just buying primers and powder, range provides the lead and brass, I've heard some folks use tire weights and there is knowing right percentage of lead or something like that, several years ago guy that worked at academy sports did what you do, real interesting listening to him. If nothing else I believe the op has seen the range of cheap online factory and what can be accomplished by casting your own and reloading

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got back from my gun club verifying zero and creating a dope card on 2 carbines, 1 with new red dot, I have a carbine/rifle class and small match Saturday 200 rounds not counting the handgun they said today to bring, after thinking today I will possibly shoot both 100 each Saturday BUT as much as I enjoy shooting the 8" AR I may shoot it only just for enjoyment and cost savings alone plus it is so quick on target, my 16" shot under 1/2" on sight in with new dot from bench, the 8" about 1-1/2" at 50 yds our short range class distances we were told. Probably shoot both with the shorty the most. I did get to shoot a new Python Colt. I cant wait to go as usual, 2 next week!

Did get a coat pocket full of 45 brass again! Pickups.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got back from my gun club verifying zero and creating a dope card on 2 carbines, 1 with new red dot, I have a carbine/rifle class and small match Saturday 200 rounds not counting the handgun they said today to bring, after thinking today I will possibly shoot both 100 each Saturday BUT as much as I enjoy shooting the 8" AR I may shoot it only just for enjoyment and cost savings alone plus it is so quick on target, my 16" shot under 1/2" on sight in with new dot from bench, the 8" about 1-1/2" at 50 yds our short range class distances we were told. Probably shoot both with the shorty the most. I did get to shoot a new Python Colt. I cant wait to go as usual, 2 next week!

Did get a coat pocket full of 45 brass again! Pickups.
Sounds like lots of fun! Am gettin more into AR's, just a fascinating platform. Well have had some for several years but just getting into competing with them in local 2 Gun matches and just shooting more with them in general to keep getting familiar. Just have red dots and 3x magnifiers on them.

never shot a Python of any era, that must have been cool and sounds like the range keeps on giving!

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been a member about 20 yrs when I joined brass was never left as about all reloaded, 45 was king now the 9mm and apparently much fewer reload from all brass left, darn sure not by the older members though, our group next one in the build is a 10" 300 Black Out which will be finished when he gets over the crud/flu all the goodies came in last week for it to proceed now finally. Bout a year in the making there.

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been a member about 20 yrs when I joined brass was never left as about all reloaded, 45 was king now the 9mm and apparently much fewer reload from all brass left, darn sure not by the older members though, our group next one in the build is a 10" 300 Black Out which will be finished when he gets over the crud/flu all the goodies came in last week for it to proceed now finally. Bout a year in the making there.
Have no experience with 300 blackout but what I've read and seen should be cool, pistol or SBR? Nine really had taken over, the guys that reload were fussin at me for tainting the nine brass with 45's, I don't know what it is about shooting 45acp especially out of my favorite 1911 which was my first one, a kimber custom 2 , Dawson magwell and Fiber optic sights, white Lok Grips and I've had all internals polished and sent it off and had black nitrided, I know Kimber takes a lot of hits but love shootin that Gun, wish more shot CDP, only 2-3 every match.
The 300 blackout build should be fun, are you gonna suppress?

Latest posts