Legend .45 ACP ammo on sale at Bud's Gun Shop...

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone ever tried this ammo from Bud's lately? It looks like a sweet deal, if you ask me... 100 rounds of common 230gr "ball" ammo for $32.99? Wow! :cool:

I went ahead and ordered a bag of 100 rounds and it'll be coming in a day or two (KY to VA shipping ain't nothing...)

415009287_4.jpg

Jerre

Active Fanatic
I haven't tried it, but read some reviews on it and it's not all that good of ammo. Probably o.k. for range ammo, but I wouldn't trust it in your carry gun from everything I've read on it. Just my thoughts.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
We've sold it in our pro shop at the range from time to time and I've shot quite a bit of the .45. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's decent range ammo.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks... I figured "what the heck" when I got the email from Bud's about it (since I have an account on Bud's website). If it shoots decently on the range, that's fine. If not, well.. lesson learned.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
Comes to what, $16.50/50?
I find brand new S&B (stout ammo!) for just under $14.40/50, with shipping, every so many months. Good stuff! I have a few thou on hand now.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We have 2 stores here that run S&B and CCI Brass under $14 almost all the time here Academy and Atwood's Farm & Ranch

Mannlicher

New Fanatic
Has anyone ever tried this ammo from Bud's lately? It looks like a sweet deal, if you ask me... 100 rounds of common 230gr "ball" ammo for $32.99? Wow! :cool:

I went ahead and ordered a bag of 100 rounds and it'll be coming in a day or two (KY to VA shipping ain't nothing...)

415009287_4.jpg
That price is high, over 320$ per 1000! Appears to be remanufactured in a bag! Look into grabagun.com 12.00$ shipping on all AMMO . I bought Winchester white box 1000 rds delivered for 252$ I bought 10,000 rds 12.00 shipped. Look into it?

Legion489

Fanatic
$66/200rds seems high. Go to your local Wally and see if they have any Win White Box left (they no longer sell handgun ammo, or "assault rifle" ammo, which doesn't bother me as all my rifles are "defense rifles"). It was cheaper here than that and you walk out the door with it instead of ordering.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We have 2 stores here that almost always have 45 for $13.97 brass cased, Atwoods and Academy, Atwoods did this last as I saw it there.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been a member of TargetsportsUSA Prime membership for 6-7 years, if you shoot a lot pays for itself, 95 bucks a year, free shipping if you order one box or a hundred, right now with prime Magtech and PPU 45 acp 12.87 per box, 13.99 without, free shipping 1000 rounds regardless if member or not, I shoot 4-6 matches a month so well worth it for me, other examples, 9mm 7.80-8.27 per box all brass cased, brands vary due to inventory, Wolf Gold 5.56 .24 per round. Of course steel cased lot less

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
good prices there for factory these days for sure I used to get to shoot that many matches but they no longer have all those close anymore here. So a couple a month with weekly range now days.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
At least you have a couple, thank goodness for that, we are blessed in my area for sure, that's all I shoot, could shoot 2 a weekend plus couple in the evening every week but not as young as I used to be, starts getting a little pricey also! But Greenville/Anderson area in SC, within 50 mile radius is competitive shooting paradise!

Mike Sherman

Fanatic
Some of our local shops in Scottsdale have S&B in 9mm for $7.50 and only slightly more for 40 & 45 cal. So by the time you pay for shipping it's hard to justify buying small quantities of ammo over the internet.

415009287_4.jpg

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Can't buy small quantities and if you don't get free shipping not worth it but I've never seen new manufactured brass cased 45 less than 12.50 box in last 6-7 years, might be out there just haven't seen it. 7.50 on 9mm is great!

MichaelJ13

New Fanatic
Just as a comparison, Luckygunner.com has 100+ .45 ACP items for sale by various manufacturers and quantities. Sorted by price per round shows 20 items cost less than these rounds. Hope that's helpful.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
At my prime I was shooting 3 matches a week and driving no more than an hour each way 2 indoor with low light ones included and a Sat match of some kind, the good days then. All was 45 only then about then time IDPA started changing rules and most of us all dropped them and clubs also, there is a club in Dallas that has some kind almost every weekend but 1-1/2 hr each way and for non members some pricey, they do have the only shotgun steel around though my fav match of all. With no one to go there with I have slacked way off and just go to my club to shoot or at home here.
We have had a few ranges close around here sadly and seemingly fewer shooting matches.

Mannlicher

New Fanatic
I've been a member of TargetsportsUSA Prime membership for 6-7 years, if you shoot a lot pays for itself, 95 bucks a year, free shipping if you order one box or a hundred, right now with prime Magtech and PPU 45 acp 12.87 per box, 13.99 without, free shipping 1000 rounds regardless if member or not, I shoot 4-6 matches a month so well worth it for me, other examples, 9mm 7.80-8.27 per box all brass cased, brands vary due to inventory, Wolf Gold 5.56 .24 per round. Of course steel cased lot less
That's a good price for .45 acp, you mentioned free shipping? I'm not a member yet. Of target sports . Any idea on shipping cost out of state? Appreciate the info on the .45 acp