Latest "bling" 1911.. from SK Customs

xTeleDude

New Fanatic
This is a somewhat more subdued custom 1911 from SK Customs, commemorating Mexico's first President.. called the "Premier Presidente".
Not something I'd buy, but does have some nice workmanship, IMO. Here's the link to it.

It's a decent looking gun…

Buddha

Fanatic
No bling bling for me, Id rather have a old distressed WW1 pistol if it functioned well.
Ive told myself try and avoid anything shinny again. It's sort of a rat rod thing, or don't judge a book by its cover.

1911-large-01.jpg

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Not a fan of the grips, but good work on the gun. Not to my taste, but it is different.

dennishoddy

It's over-embellished IMHO. I was at the Woolaroc Museum in Oklahoma today that has a very good display of Colt firearms of all descriptions from Revo's to the prototype 1911's used before actual working models were issued to our troops.
There was also a display of engraved pistols.
Looking at some of the revo pistols, vs the engraved 1911's it's pretty easy to see the 1911 is made to have some engraving and looks great with a moderate amount of it.
Revo's just don't seem to get my interest as much.
Of course that is my opinion only. Others may disagree which is cool.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
No bling bling for me, Id rather have a old distressed WW1 pistol if it functioned well.
Ive told myself try and avoid anything shinny again. It's sort of a rat rod thing, or don't judge a book by its cover.

View attachment 28499
I love these old guns, and my taste runs to basic mil spec style guns. I have a couple with beavertails but two of them are the Greg Derr short tails, very retro, and they work great. Carrying a BHP in a HBE holster iwb. Forget its there, very comfortable, and comforting.

Buddha

Fanatic
I love these old guns, and my taste runs to basic mil spec style guns. I have a couple with beavertails but two of them are the Greg Derr short tails, very retro, and they work great. Carrying a BHP in a HBE holster iwb. Forget its there, very comfortable, and comforting.

Buddy of mine has a old hand me down from his grandpa I fell in love with, but to bad the 45 is to powerful for my injuries. Only 9mm single stack I know of from that era is the lugar, and those are more collector pistols.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Buddy of mine has a old hand me down from his grandpa I fell in love with, but to bad the 45 is to powerful for my injuries. Only 9mm single stack I know of from that era is the lugar, and those are more collector pistols.
What about a P38? I know it's ww2, but it is a single stack, and It's 9mm

Buddha

Fanatic
What about a P38? I know it's ww2, but it is a single stack, and It's 9mm
Yeah, IDK.. Something about the classic lines of the 1911 look so much better. Was looking at gun broker etc and there are a few used 9mm 1911's with the patina I like.. I told myself I only need one pistol, and here we go..

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
The G48 is tempting, but if I found a 9mm 1911 with worn patina, it might be irresistible except that used pistols could be a crap shoot
I may just be fortunate, but most of my guns are bought used. Some have come from folks I knew, some from stores I trusted, and some from online. the only lemon I had was an Iver Johnson pony 380. Would not feed. Other than that I've not really had any problems/complaints.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
same here, I've never bought a used gun that had issues.. new ones, yes a few had issues.
As far as a used 1911, I've bought several used ones, no problems with any of them.
Field strip it, examine to see if a Bubba did some home gunsmithing on it. If so, walk away.
If it looks "normal" I'd believe it's going to work fine. A pistol with a worn appearance should have a lower price.
I believe all the used guns I've purchased looked very close to new.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
same here, I've never bought a used gun that had issues.. new ones, yes a few had issues.
As far as a used 1911, I've bought several used ones, no problems with any of them.
Field strip it, examine to see if a Bubba did some home gunsmithing on it. If so, walk away.
If it looks "normal" I'd believe it's going to work fine. A pistol with a worn appearance should have a lower price.
I believe all the used guns I've purchased looked very close to new.
The Springfield full size lightweight I bought a while back looked near to never fired. Also bought a Colt 1991 big letter a few years ago for cheap. Guy just said he needed to clear out some guns. Again appeared, nearly if not, brand new.

Sundance98

Fanatic
Buying used guns is an art. Have bought some great ones, like a Post-War National Match .45 Colt. Also, have bought some that required a lot of work and I wound up never firing, like a Tangent Sight WWII FN, that had been found with one side totally rusted. That one was never right. Then the P-38 which was
an AC and probably the most accurate and wonderful shooting 9MM ever. Sorry, I sold or traded that one. One of the latest editions included a great looking
SIG .45 from the 1980's. Someone had put the wrong return spring in it. Got the orginal and now it works fine.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Fortunately, there are LOTS of used guns on the market..if you know where to look for them.
Many are in "like new" condition, having had little use. At least this is true in my area.
Guys put them FS on a bulletin board @ the club where I shoot, & there's a local website that has a lot of used guns for sale.
Have bought quite a few from that site. Also a few gunshops (almost all in my area) have a lot of used guns for sale, some are
on consignment. Bought 2 of my favorites that were consigned, after the owner had passed. A S&W Mod. 41 (with a bunch of accessories,)
and a Jim Clark "Hardballer" converted -Govt . model (70 series) in .45 Both were a little expensive,but bargains, IMO..

I have no0ticed that new & used gun prices have increased in the past year or so..

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Fortunately, there are LOTS of used guns on the market..if you know where to look for them.
Many are in "like new" condition, having had little use. At least this is true in my area.
Guys put them FS on a bulletin board @ the club where I shoot, & there's a local website that has a lot of used guns for sale.
Have bought quite a few from that site. Also a few gunshops (almost all in my area) have a lot of used guns for sale, some are
on consignment. Bought 2 of my favorites that were consigned, after the owner had passed. A S&W Mod. 41 (with a bunch of accessories,)
and a Jim Clark "Hardballer" converted -Govt . model (70 series) in .45 Both were a little expensive,but bargains, IMO..

I have no0ticed that new & used gun prices have increased in the past year or so..