LaRue Rifles

Jay D

Fanatic
Any of you guys have experience with LaRue ARs? I'm thinking about picking one up and wanted to see what you guys had to say about their rifles.

I'm leaning toward 5.56 over 7.62 at this point due to the cost of the rifle and ammo. I generally shoot 300 yards and in, but I am very interested in coyote/hog hunting.

What do you guys think? 5.56 or 7.62? Do you have a preference for OBR/PredatAR/PredatOBR?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your responses!

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Have you thought about 6.8 SPC? I just got an upper from Bison Armory out of WA and the thing shoots pretty dang well. Only about 50 round through it with most being break-in.

View attachment 2856

This was a 5 shot group from 100 yards (one got away from me :) ). The cartridge has pretty good ballistics out to 300 with a lot of bullet choices. All you need is a new barrel and a bolt if you have an extra upper laying around.

Matt

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342485948.339320.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342485948.339320.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 40

TroyF

TheBearcat
LaRue makes a fantastic rifle. Any models you mentioned will be worthy of anything you won't to do with them.

As for which caliber...... I vote for shooting the round you can afford to shoot the most.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
LaRue makes a fantastic rifle. Any models you mentioned will be worthy of anything you won't to do with them.

As for which caliber...... I vote for shooting the round you can afford to shoot the most.

I have never owned one but this I know to be true.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
If you're going to be hunting with it and not shooting a lot, I'd got for the 7.62, especially for hogs. If you're going to shoot a lot of targets and practice, go for the cheaper round.

Jay D

Fanatic
Called LaRue at 10:00 to order one of the Costa PredatOBRs and he said I was about 15 minutes too late. That sure is a nice looking rifle.

View attachment 2911

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343367060.874943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343367060.874943.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 23

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'd pay $2800 of it would help me grow a Costa beard. I will never be the Tactical Timmy I've always dreamed of being with out a good beard.

Squid

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got my larue OBR 5.56 about 4 days ago. I work at a gun shop and have shot or at least seen them all. the larue is hands down my favorite by far. their attention to detail is unsurpassed. feel free to send me an email at [email protected] if you need to do a test fire to see for yourself. after you are blown away by the pure awsomeness you can swing by my shop and buy one.

The Surgeon

Active Fanatic
I thought about getting a Larue once. That was until I went to a few dealers asking about them and I was told that Larue will not honor the FFL of any dealer in Oklahoma. The shops that I spoke with were H&H, Murfs Guns in Duncan, and another shop out in Weatherford. I wrote them an e-mail and asked if this was true what I was being told, they did not reply. Has anyone else heard this?

Jay D

Fanatic
Squid works at a local gun shop and they got a few in the other day, so I would say that info was bogus.

Hitokiri03

Well-Known Fanatic
One of my buddies just received his Costa edition. I can't wait to shoot it. His number was somewhere in the 20s. I am just happy I get to shoot it without spending the money to buy it.

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
What you need with that is a Jake Burki edition surefire flashlight. Its just like a normal one except I painted it tan and charge you double

Hitokiri03

Well-Known Fanatic
What you need with that is a Jake Burki edition surefire flashlight. Its just like a normal one except I painted it tan and charge you double

The guns seem quite solid, but I am hoping to go local, Loki, when I purchase my first AR. I like to support the local guys when I can, especially when they make amazing products :good:

Latest posts