Kansas Area Matches

Freedom Shooter

Well-Known Fanatic
1911-45 said:
I am the Match Director and here is the info for 3 gun in Hutchinson Ks

CKGC hosts 3 gun matches the 3rd Sunday of the month all year round but weather permitting only for the winter months of November thru February. For winter months, we shoot only those days that the weather is forecast to get above 40-degrees. For winter matches, Match Director Manuel Camacho "MC" will be posting a couple days in advance if the match is on at his website www.mcsportingarms.com and also at www.ksccw.com.
Set up starts at 8:30 AM, registration at 9am, and firing starts at 10 AM. The matches generally last for 3 to 4 hours. All shooters are expected to help during the match, pasting targets, resetting steel, policing brass and tear down after the match. Your early appearance to help with set up will be appreciated. Match fee’s at $15.00 per shooter.

Shooting distances will vary from 2 feet to 200 yards. You can expect round counts of 75 pistol, 75 rifle and 30 to 40 bird shoot and 5 to 10 slugs per match. You will engage a variety of Steel targets and card board silhouettes.
http://ckgc.org/index.html
This is a great match to shoot at!!!

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
KCMO does...nowhere else in the metro does. When I was up there I lived on the ks side and worked in kcmo and still had to pay that stupid tax.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Just learned how to sync this info to my phone calendar. This will help me get to matches.

Thanks for the list and see you all soon

Worden

Fanatic
Just saw this listed. 3Gun is the first Saturday and USPSA is the second Saturday of the month. This is good because MCPSL 3Gun was on the same date as Fayette. Fayette dates should be the third Saturday. Cheers.
Millcreek Practical Shooting League - Desoto, KS

2014 3Gun matches:
April 5
May 3
June 7
July 5
August 2
September 6
October 4
November 1

2014 USPSA Matches:
February 8
March 8
April 12
May 10
June 14
July 12
August 9
September 13
October 11
November 8

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Monthly 3G matches at the Ellsworth range are held on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
4-5 stages, point blank out to 300yds and the range just purchased 35 additional poppers for the 2014 season.

Feb 9
Mar 9
Apr 13
May 11
Jun 8
Jul 13
Aug 10
Sep 14
Oct 13

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Hutchinson (CKGC) 3G matches are still the 3rd Sunday of each month for 2014, with the first of 2014 being this Sunday 1/19. 9:30a registration and 10:00a shots down range. Typically 4 stages, 100rds pistol, rifle, & shotgun.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Worden said:
Just saw this listed. 3Gun is the first Saturday and USPSA is the second Saturday of the month. This is good because MCPSL 3Gun was on the same date as Fayette. Fayette dates should be the third Saturday. Cheers.
Millcreek Practical Shooting League - Desoto, KS

2014 3Gun matches:
April 5
May 3
June 7
July 5
August 2
September 6
October 4
November 1

2014 USPSA Matches:
February 8
March 8
April 12
May 10
June 14
July 12
August 9
September 13
October 11
November 8
Bentsight said:
Monthly 3G matches at the Ellsworth range are held on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
4-5 stages, point blank out to 300yds and the range just purchased 35 additional poppers for the 2014 season.

Feb 9
Mar 9
Apr 13
May 11
Jun 8
Jul 13
Aug 10
Sep 14
Oct 13
If you guys want to start new threads for your clubs I'll pin them. Basically just repost the post you made above so people can find them earlier.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
If you guys want to start new threads for your clubs I'll pin them. Basically just repost the post you made above so people can find them earlier.

And post directions to your ranges. I know I have been to several, but I easily forgets.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormydog1724 said:
Wish there was something closer to Liberal, Kansas.
Hate to bring up a older thread on my first post or reply on this forum but wanted to let wormydog1724 know we are getting monthly matches started here in Garden City Kansas 70 miles north of Liberal. we all here are new at this and learning as we go but little by little we are getting there. Normally scheduled for 1st Saturday of each month but we got rained out today so it will be saturday the 20th this month.

Bentsight said:

Feb 9
Mar 9
Apr 13
May 11
Jun 8
Jul 13
Aug 10
Sep 14
Oct 13
Bentsight i am looking forward to the Sept 14th shoot next weekend. 2 others and myself are planning to come shoot with the Ellsworth gang. I got a little info from Jeff but may have some questions for you before this weekend. Looking forward to learning all i can while we are there cause I got voted chairman of the local 3gun club when i forgot to make the meeting... LOL. So now being chairman of a 3gun club and planning to shot my 6th ever 3gun style shoot next weekend with you all I obviously have a lot to learn.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
59nolimit said:
Hate to bring up a older thread on my first post or reply on this forum but wanted to let wormydog1724 know we are getting monthly matches started here in Garden City Kansas 70 miles north of Liberal. we all here are new at this and learning as we go but little by little we are getting there. Normally scheduled for 1st Saturday of each month but we got rained out today so it will be saturday the 20th this month.

Bentsight i am looking forward to the Sept 14th shoot next weekend. 2 others and myself are planning to come shoot with the Ellsworth gang. I got a little info from Jeff but may have some questions for you before this weekend. Looking forward to learning all i can while we are there cause I got voted chairman of the local 3gun club when i forgot to make the meeting... LOL. So now being chairman of a 3gun club and planning to shot my 6th ever 3gun style shoot next weekend with you all I obviously have a lot to learn.
I'm glad you brought to life an old thread. Especially since you're announcing a new match.

Do you have some info about the club? A link to a Website or Facebook would be great to add to the match listing.

Thanks for joining us!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome! I'm from La Crosse, so only a couple hours away, I'd be interested in shooting down there. I grew up in Garden City, home to some of the best mexican food this side of the border. Are these matches being held at the Sand and Sage Rifle Club? Welcome to the forum!

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm glad you brought to life an old thread. Especially since you're announcing a new match.

Do you have some info about the club? A link to a Website or Facebook would be great to add to the match listing.

Thanks for joining us!
Hey Jesse this is Mike Cott and I have been talking to you thru facebook. The club site is www.sandandsage.net but i havent got with the guy who does the website to have him get 3gun on the calendar but it is scheduled for first Saturday each month. We got rained out last weekend so it is rescheduled for Saturday the 20th this month. We are just getting started here and this will be our 4th match but we are getting a bunch of new targets soon so hopefully next month we can have some really cool stages.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
Welcome! I'm from La Crosse, so only a couple hours away, I'd be interested in shooting down there. I grew up in Garden City, home to some of the best mexican food this side of the border. Are these matches being held at the Sand and Sage Rifle Club? Welcome to the forum!
Matt is was nice to meet you today at Ellsworth 3gun. Justin and I really enjoyed it and we got some really cool stage ideas we will be using here also. It was a very good morning of shooting with some great people. I am sure most everyone there today is on this forum so need try and put other people i met with their profiles here. I will try and work on mine and get more information added as well.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
We had a great match Saturday!! Jeremy (wormydog1724) even made it this time. Was our 5th organized match and our best turn out ever with 16 total shooters and 7 of those were new shooters to sand and sage 3gun. But the best part of all,,,,,,, we had our first female shooter!! I hope she sparked somehting cause my wife is talking about taking the day off for the next shoot as well as a couple other females have now inquired about it!! I think that's damn awesome!!! We have had a total of 27 different shooters make at least 1 shoot so far. Not bad for just spreading the word by mouth and 1 local FB page. We didnt expect that many people so the day got a little long with 1 squad cause stages weren't set to shoot 2 safely but hoping we have enough for 2 squads from now on!

Latest posts