JP Rifles

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If I ran a red dot or irons I'd definitely get a 20" and run it with some Hornady superformance 53gr match ammo to keep it as flat as possible as far as possible.

sharpshooter

Active Fanatic
I have the JP Medium Countour 18" on my CTR-02 and it works great, you really can't go wrong with what anyone is suggesting here.

cfire7818

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys I appreciate the input. I shoot in the tacops class. I'm wanting to get this new rifle before the texas multigun championship. This will be my first "big" match. I shot in a zombie shoot south of dallas about a week ago and my current rifle did very wel with that but i have shot in some johnson 3 guns and we were shooting out to 550 yards and my current carbine was having some issues. Also is there a scope recomendation that y'all would have, trying to keep it under $1500. thanks

I'm currently running an acog and its ok for a battle rifle but not for a competitin rifle

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Under $1500? That's like everything. You might funds used z6i for that price. Or check out the leupold 1-6 or the bushnell 1-6.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I can't speak for the 20" barrel as I haven't run one, but my Loki 18" has been a fantastically accurate rifle from day one.
As far as scopes, the swarovski z6i is the top of the mountain right now. Might also check out Vortex's 1-4x optics, they have great glass and an awesome eye relief.

Swifty

Well-Known Fanatic
If u go with a JP u better hurry and order it if u want it for TexasMulitGunChampionship. It took mine 5 months to get to me. Well worth the wait, its a great rifle. I went with the JP-15 18inch light.

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the SCR-11 with a LW profile barrel and I like it a lot. I like a lighter rifle for quicker transitions so this one fits the bill for me. I bought a LRP-07 in 308 with a LW barrel also, so both rifles feel close in weight and both have the same controls. JP builds really nice rifles and I agree that you probably needed your order in soon to make it to Tx Multigun next year. Mine took about 3 months and you will want time with it beforehand.

Latest posts