Is the Wounded Wounded Warrior Project Anti Gun?

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I went to WWP.org, I could not find any sponsor that are affiliated with guns. Although I'm sure they don't mine collecting from under armour which is sold at Bass Pro, Cabela's and Gander MTN. I know that all three sale and promote WWP items and state that part of the purchase price will be donated to WWP. But I could not find them on the WWP sponsor page, they sale guns :devil: .
Then I found WWIA ( Wounded Warrior In action) they take wounded warrior on hunting and fishing trips. WWIA sponsor list has All three plus Ruger and others affiliated with guns and hunting ( let me offend someone "killing of animals") on their site. So WWIA would also be a place to Donate.

DonC

grumpy old fat man
I cannot either confirm or deny but...... their may be a possibility that we have a HAVA function in oklahoma next year in addition to the San Antonio event.

DonC

grumpy old fat man
it was only mentioned as a possibility but we do have the VA hsopital here so i could see this happening. lets hope.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Here you go. Emphasis is mine...

WWP fundraisers can not be sexual, political or religious in nature, and cannot be partnered with alcohol brands or the exchange of firearms. This messaging conflicts with our mind, body, and spirit approach to programs. As everyone is aware, alcohol and substance abuse have been a significant problem with segments of the Wounded Warrior population, often with deadly consequences. WWP would not be honoring and empowering Wounded Warriors if the warrior population perceived partnerships with these types of events as encouraging the use of products that contribute to that problem.

http://www.woundedwa...orter-faqs.aspx

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, Thanks for bringing this to light.

DonC, Thank you Sir for making us aware of this organization. Think I'll put off buying an optic for my ar that I've been saving for and send the $$ to these guys instead.

Mike

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Check this out! They have no problem with Hugh Hefner's and Playboy's support (remember nothing sexual? yeah right..) but yet they snub Tom Gresham's offer of free advertising on Veterans Day!

http://www.guns.com/wounded-warrior-project-gun-community-gun-talk-11455.html

And the CEO clears almost 320K? I'll not be giving another dime to these hypocrites.

That link Marshal F provided was very very enlightening.

dennishoddy

When you have $74,058,348 in revenue, and after expenses the "charity" only contributes $16,000 to the actual care of wounded veterans, something is not right.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Lol, sorry about that. I try to stay off the internet and phone after taking it, but sometimes I mange to do it anyways if my insomnia is bad enough and I'm really exhausted.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
http://gunnuts.net/2012/11/16/wounded-warrior-project-clarifies-their-position-on-the-2nd-amendment/

I can see why they did this.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
A friend of mine on Facebook asked on their (WWP) Facebook page to clarify their stance on guns and the 2A and such.

At the end of their lengthy bullshit lawyer buttplugged response, they ended with this
"WWP does not take a stand in one way or another on issues relating to guns."

That's all I needed to hear. Helping vets = good. Not supporting the 2A = bad. Very bad. I donated my under armour WWP edition shirt to goodwill Thursday and WWP will no longer receive my money.

dennishoddy

My favorite comment, and I agree 200%.

Now, about their newest press release…

I see paragraph after paragraph here and no where do I see what I am looking for…a simple, “This statement is absolutely off base, we want to work with you and the person responsible has been sacked.” No what I see is a carefully worded, double-talk attempt at stopping the proverbial bleeding.

And, I don’t buy it one bit.

Regarding your comment about them doing a lot of good…I wholeheartedly agree. However, there are a lot of organizations that do a lot of good and if our money goes there instead of this place, then that funding is still viable and the good can still be done. Also, if we pull our funds, perhaps their CEO will have to reduce is current $300,000 a year salary. I certainly don’t have to fund him or his people that share a view that is totally against what I believe and what I feel is the foundation of our liberty. Part of our donations to this organization go directly into the pockets of the very people who do not share our values, beliefs and, if history is to be believed, will eventually use their power to suppress the things they do not like. Sorry, that isn’t OK with me.

I will continue to donate as much as I possibly can to organizations that share my values and do work that I find important. I will continue to try to get more donations from the people I interface with because it is important to me. I will not give or lobby for a single dime to go to those organizations that don’t share a fundamental value system with me. Especially when they use the guise of helping our greatest heroes as a smokescreen to pay their executives and staff who are working to lessen the very ideals that these brave heroes were injured fighting for in the first place.

Michael Moore, Jane Fonda, Sean Penn and Oliver Stone could start up a charity that would help all children who are sick…but I wouldn’t give them one cent if it meant that some of the cash was going to their salaries. No, I’ll be happy to give as much as I could to people I trust will do the right thing and not use my money to further their twisted agenda.

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
There has been and will be more "about face" when it comes to groups and businesses trying to look PC concerning upcoming laws, restrictions, stance on "assault weapons" etc etc. Very soon we will know who really supported the second and the shooting culture as a whole and who was in it for the $ REMEMBER "Where money is the object the truth is in great peril"

Latest posts