Is the Wounded Wounded Warrior Project Anti Gun?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You decide...

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/additional-opportunities.aspx

Read the last paragraph...

WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or firearms companies.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe but I really think they are being politically correct which I think is funny. What service person doesn't like sexual content, guns or alcohol. Hell they give their lives and limbs so everyone in this country has the right to enjoy them!

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
That's a hipocritic statement, seeing how much I've seen them collect from IDPA and 3 Gun matches over the past 4 years.

jtischauser

Well said Marshal! I too think they are being PC but PC don't set well with me. You can't make everyone happy all the time so you gotta decide what you stand for and stand for it.

If you read the response from WWP on the gun talk Facebook page they say they don't support firearms and alcohol because of wounded warriors suicides being attributed to those two things. WTF is that?

JTMaddox

Well-Known Fanatic
If you read the response from WWP on the gun talk Facebook page they say they don't support firearms and alcohol because of wounded warriors suicides being attributed to those two things. WTF is that?

Then they probably shouldn't support prescription medication or motor vehicles either...

kaiserb

Well-Known Fanatic
Well this helps me answer questions about what organizations will and will not be supported by future charity matches.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
I understand that as more of a CYA statement so they're not accused of taking kick-backs from companies to promote certain brands. A lot of companies have to do that.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Then say that. The email chain is repulsive if you ask me.

There's not a marketing person in the world that would let their company just say, "We <3 Benelli, but they aren't paying us neither jack nor **** and we don't want to be held accountable if you end up buying a lemon from Jim-Bob the hillbilly that sells guns out of the back of his van behind the 3rd street liquor store." hehe :)

Spiff

Semi-Pro
There's not a marketing person in the world that would let their company just say, "We <3 Benelli, but they aren't paying us neither jack nor **** and we don't want to be held accountable if you end up buying a lemon from Jim-Bob the hillbilly that sells guns out of the back of his van behind the 3rd street liquor store." hehe :)

wut?

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that I think about it, "Benelli *****!" would make a great slogan... I'm thinking I should probably send them a letter with my suggestion and address to send the inevitable royalty checks.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
They've had this stance for awhile now Jesse. There was a thread on Enos I think awhile back. Go to their page and look at doing a benefit match for them and read the fine print. If firearms are transferred they won't license you to use their name or logo. Something like that. I found this out just before I started to sign up on their monthly contributor plan and this is the specific reason I didn't. I let them know too and never heard a word back from them.

jtischauser

They've had this stance for awhile now Jesse. There was a thread on Enos I think awhile back. Go to their page and look at doing a benefit match for them and read the fine print. If firearms are transferred they won't license you to use their name or logo. Something like that. I found this out just before I started to sign up on their monthly contributor plan and this is the specific reason I didn't. I let them know too and never heard a word back from them.

I don't frequent that site much anymore now that Boomer kicks so much ass.

DonC

grumpy old fat man
I can tell you from experience why i do not go out of my way to help WWP. 3 years ago, when they were really just getting off the ground, we held a charity IDPA match at USSA for WWP. We held a silent auction and after all was said and done we raised more than $13,000.00 for them. It was like pulling teeth trying to get them their money even though they had sanctioned our match. They never acknowledged our donation or efforts on their webpage so we did not hold another match for them. I now support HAVA and encourage you all to look at them.
www.honoredveterans.org please look at their website and notice all the industry sponsors they have.

I just came back from my 3rd benefit in San Antonio for them and will continue to help as long as they have me.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
I can tell you from experience why i do not go out of my way to help WWP. 3 years ago, when they were really just getting off the ground, we held a charity IDPA match at USSA for WWP. We held a silent auction and after all was said and done we raised more than $13,000.00 for them. It was like pulling teeth trying to get them their money even though they had sanctioned our match. They never acknowledged our donation or efforts on their webpage so we did not hold another match for them. I now support HAVA and encourage you all to look at them.
www.honoredveterans.org please look at their website and notice all the industry sponsors they have.

I just came back from my 3rd benefit in San Antonio for them and will continue to help as long as they have me.

Great info don, now I can point people in a good direction to HAVA when I inform them why I won't be donating to WWP anymore.
Thanks

Latest posts