Introduction to 3 Gun Outline

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This is a very good outline for an into to 3 gun class that I pulled off another forum.

Attachments

• Introduction to 3 Gun.pdf
    686.5 KB · Views: 5,374

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
that is different than if i would have written it... mine would be one page long and say...

3gun is freaking awesome, just show up and do it!!!

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Kurt Miller is not going to teach any class this spring, summer, fall, or winter in the state of Oklahoma. I have several out of state classes that folks can come to but I won't be teaching in Oklahoma.

jtischauser

Kurt Miller is not going to teach any class this spring, summer, fall, or winter in the state of Oklahoma. I have several out of state classes that folks can come to but I won't be teaching in Oklahoma.

Maybe Eric Miller needs to teach the Oklahoma classes?

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe you could get the Noveske guys to come do one, or get USSA to put one on. Don't expect Eric to teach down here, he works with me.

jtischauser

Can I ask why not Kurt?

Because nobody local shows up for the classes. It's the damnedest thing. If Kurt goes and teaches in Weet Virginia he gets 25-30 showing up. Here the classes struggle to get the mininum. I guess most local guys think he's full of $hit. J/K. We KNOW he's full of that.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
Because nobody local shows up for the classes. It's the damnedest thing. If Kurt goes and teaches in Weet Virginia he gets 25-30 showing up. Here the classes struggle to get the mininum. I guess most local guys think he's full of $hit. J/K. We KNOW he's full of that.

I think the ones of us that can remember, the "GrandPa McCoy" applies to Kurt.
"NO BRAG, JUST FACT"
That why his trainings are so good. But you guys know that.
OBTW Kurt, if you are planning a Competition Shotgun Training in the continental US, would you post?
Have Gun Will Travel.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
The simple fact is that I don't have time. I have classes every month that I don't work. and L.E./Military get first dibbs, and they have. Part of what Jesse said is true, they just don't fill up around here, so I don't make a huge effort to schedule them here. Michael, I iwll let you know about the shotgun class. I have to work around a few things, but it looks like there will be one in Washington state and one in Delaware, but I WILL let you know. Kurt

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I learned more about 3 gun listening to Kurt for about 30 minutes before a match last year at OKCGC than I ever have on any forum or book. Not that I do any of it or am worth a hoot but the basic premise is carry less stuff and learn how to use what you carry. I plan to shoot more this year since I got a new rifle. I'm glad he's training military and LE more than us local gamers, maybe they can save lives and rid the world of more bad guys. If he does offer a local class, we should try to help fill it up.

jtischauser

I learned more about 3 gun listening to Kurt for about 30 minutes before a match last year at OKCGC than I ever have on any forum or book. Not that I do any of it or am worth a hoot but the basic premise is carry less stuff and learn how to use what you carry. I plan to shoot more this year since I got a new rifle. I'm glad he's training military and LE more than us local gamers, maybe they can save lives and rid the world of more bad guys. If he does offer a local class, we should try to help fill it up.

I am 100% sure having Kurt here locally is key to the successes I have had. I have taken all of the classes he has offered locally since I started and it shows. The lessons he is willng to teach us in his garage are awesome as well. If you shoot here locally in OK and haven't met or don't know Kurt well you owe it to yourself to shoot in his squad once or twice as he is a great mentor and a good friend to all of us.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Any time the RNT guys are giving advice, I'm all ears. I've tried to remember & incorporate every amount of advice & training I've gotten from them into my game. Unfortunately, sometimes old habits die hard & I revert back to what I know I shouldn't be doing. I will tell anybody that any advice or training I've gotten from these guys simply works, when I actually do it. It's 100% my fault that I don't actually do it 100% of the time.

Thanks RNT for all the help & I'm sad to hear that there won't be any local training opportunities in 2012. I'd be interested in hearing of the out of state training as well, unfortunatetly it won't be as viable an option for me.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
The simple fact is that I don't have time. I have classes every month that I don't work. and L.E./Military get first dibbs, and they have. Part of what Jesse said is true, they just don't fill up around here, so I don't make a huge effort to schedule them here. Michael, I iwll let you know about the shotgun class. I have to work around a few things, but it looks like there will be one in Washington state and one in Delaware, but I WILL let you know. Kurt

Awsome!
There is some great Fly Fishing in Washington St but either will do.
I WILL hide and watch.

quick question...

I am new to uspsa this year and just got my 17 and working toward 3gun this fall or next spring...

what would be the best, most covertible class for me to shoot in uspsa that would be the close to the same class for 3 gun when the time comes for my pistol setup? Production or Limited...

Also, what differences are there between an M1 and an M2 for 3gun?

Thank you for the help
jg

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Limited minor with extended mags. Don't do anything permanent to the gun to exclude it from production though.

You will not be competitive with minor ammo, but you may enjoy it.

Latest posts